Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primeval

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

I heard that this show is a blatant rip-off of Dr. Who. now, it's doubtless that it was comisioned (sp.) to cash in on the success of the British Sci-fi revival, perpetrated by Who, Having seen all episodes of Both seasons and almost every episode of new Who (save for a few season 4 eps) i conclude that they are nothing alike.

I'd be intirested to see if many others linkened the two shows and why
    please reply!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Watched a couple of episodes of Primeval and despite their decent storyline ideas they were spoiled by Godawful acting.
    Watched a couple of episodes of the newer Doctor Who and despite their decent storyline ideas they were spoiled by Godawful acting.

The case is compelling :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I enjoyed primeval at the start, then it went all love triangle and alternate time line and I wasn't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Galvasean wrote: »
    Watched a couple of episodes of Primeval and despite their decent storyline ideas they were spoiled by Godawful acting.
    Watched a couple of episodes of the newer Doctor Who and despite their decent storyline ideas they were spoiled by Godawful acting.

The case is compelling :pac:

Don't know if that warrants a court order, but i agree compleatly:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Primeval is rather dreadful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I quite enjoyed it- though the alternate timeline story did my head in. There are 10 episodes in Season 3- which is due to air from mid Jan- and they have already started storyboards for S4......... Its here to stay........

Apparently it was killed after S1- but due to phenomenal demand in Germany was resurrected.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

smccarrick wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed it- though the alternate timeline story did my head in. There are 10 episodes in Season 3- which is due to air from mid Jan- and they have already started storyboards for S4......... Its here to stay........

Apparently it was killed after S1- but due to phenomenal demand in Germany was resurrected.......

really? wow
    i know it's not the most sophisticated of shows, but it's a nice change from what other sci-fi shows are out there, few that there are, IMO

There was a Tim Haines interview and "The Making of" on ITV3 there about a forthnight ago. I think it was a rescreening of the "The Making of" which is included in the S1 DVD boxset. Interesting nonetheless.....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Primeval returns for a new series (4th series) on January 1 on ITV1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Primeval returns for a new series (4th series) on January 1 on ITV1

Episode 1 is a prequel, with the ARC team still in the Cretaceous- but set a year later..... Both S4 and S5 have been filmed here- mostly around Dublin, but also up the Wicklow mountains etc. Hopefully it sets a trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

I quite enjoyed it, in a sh ittyfantastic kind of way. It was not set up as a rip off of Doctor Who though, but as a potential rival.
    (Doctor Who's real name is Greg, he hates it, that's why he won't tell anybody.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement