Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 Clio,spare tyre.

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an 06 Clio and the spare tyre is under the rear of the car,I got a flat last week and for the life of me couldent get the bloody tyre to release(my first time to use it),anyone have problems with it.A nice man came along and after twenty mins or more he got the blasted thing down but not the way it said on the instructions and as for the jack,its useless!!!!!!!!!!!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Ya I have seen one of them they are totally ridiculous! So needlessly complicated. Takes quite a bit of poking around to get the thing out! What was wrong with the good ol fashioned way in the first place?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Exactly,what was wrong with the old way,I am dreading another puncture.Maby I will go to Renault and ask them to show me how it works.I wonder are all renaults the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do you have a handbook? That should explain exactly how it works.

Einstien must have written it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Had this happen with another car when I was working..

can't remember what it was but even through following the instructions perfectly and then having to ring the main dealer for advice(and even they couldn't help!!) we then rang my cousin who's a mechanic for this dealer who couldn't help either.

Eventually got it out by breaking the holding for it at the owners request.

shocking shocking design.
    think it was a renault too actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

One of my friends has one. He hates the spare wheel steup. it so frustrating. Not to mention it's virtually impossible for one person to put the spare away again.

One of my friends has one. He hates the spare wheel steup. it so frustrating. Not to mention it's virtually impossible for one person to put the spare away again.

There is no way one person could change the tyre,sure the man who helped me was not a shrinking violet and it took him 3/4 hour and we had to borrow another jack from a nearby car dealers(not Renault),the jack is hopeless.:confused::confused::mad:

Advertisement