Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The first Merseyside derby of the new season.

• 23-09-2008 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Well lads the first major derby of the new season is just about on us.. What are your predicitions and do you think both teams will end the game with eleven players on the pitch. Roll on saturday............

Edited to add more information.

Right here we go again the first Merseyside derby of the new saeson is this saturday the 27/09/2008 and his live on sky sports from 12.45pm. Liverpool have had a great start to the season but we all know that can go out the window on the day here is link to both liverpool and evertons form guide so far this season.
    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG...Liverpool.html

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/teams/Everton.html

And to make both sets of fans happy, news just in is that Mike Riely will be the ref in charge of the Merseyside derby. God only nows what will happen now after his performance last weekend.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archiv...ref-derby.html

FEED THE YAK AND HE WILL SCORE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'd expect a temporary lock here.
    Other games in the mean time after all.

I wouldn't want Liverpool looking beyond the midweek yet.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

My apologies temporary lock if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sort out some sort of thread title change as well-the one on it now is a mess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The onus is on the thread starter of a match thread to provide as much information on the game as possible, squads, kick off, tv coverage, team news etc.

Not just a one liner....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm getting sick and tired of Andy Gray consistantly calling Yakubu 'The Yak'! He even called Drogba 'the Drog' the other day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Keane to get first goal.

Torres to score.

Gerrard to get 100th goal.

One of more of these things are sure to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm getting sick and tired of Andy Gray consistantly calling Yakubu 'The Yak'!

Everton fans call him that too!

Andy Grays Mrs would get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Trilla wrote: »
    Everton fans call him that too!

Yeah, i know. Feed the Yak and he will score and all that......i just hate when Andy Gray calls him it. Once off, fair enough. But not all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I can haz draw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Carragher for a hat trick. Man City for relegation. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Let the battle for 4th place commence!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mr Alan wrote: »

lol Its scaring me that I'm agreein with you lately, well on most things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

zAbbo wrote: »
    The onus is on the thread starter of a match thread to provide as much information on the game as possible, squads, kick off, tv coverage, team news etc.

Not just a one liner....

Right here we go again the first Merseyside derby of the new saeson is this saturday the 27/09/2008 and his live on sky sports from 12.45pm. Liverpool have had a great start to the season but we all know that can go out the window on the day here is link to both liverpool and evertons form guide so far this season.
    http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/teams/Liverpool.html

And to make both sets of fans happy, news just in is that Mike Riely will be the ref in charge of the Merseyside derby:mad::mad:. God only nows what will happen now after his performance last weekend.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/riley-to-ref-derby.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

And to make both sets of fans happy, news just in is that Mike Riely will be the ref in charge of the Merseyside derby:mad::mad:. God only nows what will happen now after his performance last weekend.
    I'm pretty sure I watched Mike Riley referee a Liverpool game recently (maybe towards the end of last season) and I remember thinking he did alright. That's probably the kiss of death now. I expect a Rob Styles-type howler now :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »

Yer wan that was on that cribs episode with him. Indeed, proper 3.gif material. You do know that the plonker did the dirt on her in Marbella wit his mates gf, and got chucked out on his ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

One game at a time imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Keane, Riera, Benayoun and Babel fighting for one starting spot. I believe Riera will get it and the others will be benched.

Reina

Arbeloa - Carra - Skrtel - Dossena

Mascherano - Alonso

Kuyt - Gerrard - Riera

Torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

Keane, Riera, Benayoun and Babel fighting for one starting spot. I believe Riera will get it and the others will be benched.

Reina

Arbeloa - Carra - Skrtel - Dossena

Mascherano - Alonso

Kuyt - Gerrard - Riera

Torres

Im so sick of looking at Dirk Kuyt, he makes me sick just looking at him, I stuck up for him long enough last season as his father passed away and he was in mourning, but now Die Kuyt Die.:mad:

I'd have Elzar (sp?) on before kuyt at least he can control a ball and take a player on.

are you for real??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Generally I'd agree - but these are the only types of games I would actually like Kuyt to start in.

It's the matches like last week vs. Stoke where I don't want to see him - those kind of games are where his hard work combined with wastefulness in front of goal are not needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

pesireland wrote: »
    Im so sick of looking at Dirk Kuyt, he makes me sick just looking at him, I stuck up for him long enough last season as his father passed away and he was in mourning, but now Die Kuyt Die.:mad:

I'd have Elzar (sp?) on before kuyt at least he can control a ball and take a player on.

There is no way in hell ElZhar will replace Kuyt in such a big game.
    I'm not a huge fan of Dirk, but you can't question the man's attitude and work rate.
    "Die Kuyt Die" cop on would ya!

the same Dirk Kuyt who scored 2 penos against Everton last year to win us the game by the way.

shambolic post. Dirk is big game player. We need him for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

pesireland wrote: »

Every time I hear El Zhar's name I think of this guy from Futurama:

freeradical_Elzar.JPG

Also there's no way El Zhar will start ahead of Kuyt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/teams/Liverpool.html

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/riley-to-ref-derby.html

****.:(

I'm dreading this game(I seem to be doing a lot of that these days). I don't think this is a game to rely on Keano to break his duck so I wouldn't mind seeing Gerrard play behind Torres. This is a game that we just can't afford to 'hope' that everything will work out with the partnership of Keane and Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Saha 8-1 to get the first goal, appartently he played well the other night and actually came throught the 90 minutes.

Gerrard at 9-1 to get his 100th goal is a much better bet imo.

Gerrard is 9-1 to be anytime scorer in tomorrow's game??

according to a lad who sits opposite me in work. cant access bookies sites in work to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Stevie G is 11/4 anytime goalscorer with Paddy Power

Mr Alan, tell that lad who sits in front of ya he's a fool :pac: :pac: :D

will do! in fairness though he is 8-1 for first goal scorer....probably 9-1 somewhere! and well worth a punt.

Most definitely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

From LFC.tv

Liverpool will give late fitness tests to midfield duo Javier Mascherano and Yossi Benayoun ahead of this weekend's Merseyside derby at Goodison.
    Mascherano is trying to shake off a calf injury while Benayoun has an ankle knock.

Brazilian defender Fabio Aurelio is back to full fitness and is available for selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

Everton to take it down today, to make up for the rape that was last seasons game. The yak to bag 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Should be a fun game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

PHB wrote: »
    Should be a fun game

Everton are going to play 3 in midfield, so i think we need to match them there and we should control the game.

Reina

Arbeloa
    Carragher
    Skrtel
    Dossena

Mascherano
    Alonso

Gerrard

Kuyt
    Riera

Torres

Harsh on Keane, but these are the games Kuyt often thrives in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Reina, Arbeloa, Dossena, Carragher, Skrtel, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Riera, Keane, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Agger, Hyypia, Aurelio, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What's wrong with Mascherano. Is he injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wow. No Mascherano! Against Cahill and Arteta?

I'm going to take back my belief in Liverpool winning after this, this system may well just not work. It will all depend on how Gerrard does as a central midfielder, something I don't think he can do much anymore.

• Advertisement

No Masch! Absolute disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

4-4-2

subs Cavalieri, Agger, Hyypia, Aurelio, Pennant, Babel, Lucas.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hmmm, Gerrard in central midfield. Well dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

According to BBC Mascherano failed a fitness test on his calf injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Doh!!

I had a dream that Arteta is going to have a big game.So come on everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If one player is that important to Liverpool for games against average teams then there is a serious problem at Anfield. You should be able to win this match comfortably with half the first team.
    Everton are a mess at the back so far this season so you'd expect to see a top four club scoring a lot of goals.

Edit to say, don't get me wrong I expect Liverpool to win this comfortably. They are better than even money with the bookies and that looks like serious value to me.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Hmmm, Gerrard in central midfield. Well dodgy.

I doubt anybody thought 7 or 8 years ago that that would be a perfectly acceptable statement about Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I'm watching the match on line at mo good start to the match so far -

http://www.justin.tv/sportcenter3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

a lot of this game comes down to Gerrards descipline.

If he allows those ahead of him to do their jobs instead of forcing himself into their positions, pool should be fine.

<edit> so far noone's put a foot wrong, except dossena, who's not put a foot right.

<edit> Andy Grey still calling Yakubu "the Yak" every time...

• Advertisement
Advertisement