Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The first Merseyside derby of the new season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's Gerrard in CM, not Igor Biscan, not exactly something to get upset about.

Especially as it allows Keane and Torres up front, again not exactly a bad thing.

Keane has started well, some good play out left with Riera already.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Skrtel was a little bit lucky to get away with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i love riera. 8mins in and he's already had a few sublime touches.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Riley flashing cards early on again. You think he'd of learned something from last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Kuyt and Arbeloa combining well at the moment ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did Riera forget to put studs in? (and what the hell was he doing shootign from there?)

some really nice passing football from pool at the moment. Nice short crisp passing, with the players actually moving for each other, giving each other options. Dare I even say 'The liverpool way'. Something i've not seen for a long while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

JESUS KEANE. COME ON ROBBIE.

So much for Keane, but where has El Nino's scoring touch gone? 1 goal and its October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus! A Reina moment!

Liverpools early composure is starting to break up.

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Jebus! A Reina moment!

Mike

hopefully another year or so till the next one..

Reina is an overrated noob.

Nice hold up play by Torres there.

what odds on Torres strangling Riley by the end of this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Reina is an overrated noob.

?

1 goal and its October.

What calendar are you using? Still Sept in the real world.:)

Well unless he scores today and Liverpool don't have a game on Tuesday, that would be one goal by my reckoning.

• Advertisement

Why the **** does Torres keep trying to beat everyone on his own? He was at it last week too and got nowhere. Pass the poxy thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Dossena looks really dodgy at left-back. Hibbert needs to get forward and double up on him.

LOL. I feel sad for Keane.

Dossena looks really dodgy at left-back. Hibbert needs to get forward and double up on him.

id be pretty happy with that, leave Riera miles of space to attack. Followed by Babel when he's introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hibbert doesn't do attacking =/

I'm reasonably happy with how we've defended this half, dropping awfully deep though, we aimlessly hoof it up field for the two CB's to swallow up all the time and we can't keep inviting that pressure in.

One thing more: Mikky mikky mikky Arteta, he's so much better than Xabi Alonso :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Jesus that first half was hard watched. An awful lot of huffing and puffing by both teams, and lots of it by the ref through his whistle. Hard for either team to play football when its being blown (mostly for flip all) every 2mins!
    Cant believe Fellinni missed even when the free kick was given for Reinas drop.

Liverpool started well though, controlled alot of the ball. The chances should come for them in the second half.
    Voltwad wrote: »
    One thing more: Mikky mikky mikky Arteta, he's so much better than Xabi Alonso :D
    Obviously.....have you been watching Xabi pass the ball today?

Formation doesn't suit Alonso really - he needs Masch beside/behind and Gerrard ahead.

I'm listening but it sounds like Kuyt is in "Backside/Banjo" frame of mind

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I think Osman needs to come off too, he's too lightweight looking out there. Don't get me wrong he's a smashing player, just being outmuscled there, get Castillo on Moyesy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As I've said all along and some of the Liverpool guys don't like it when I say it, but the final third is awful. They get up near the box and suddenly the breaks come on and they are looking for something to do with the ball.
    Whats wrong with have a couple of pops from outside the box? If you hit the target twice with long range efforts then Everton have to cover that and it will leave space for Keane and Torres.
    Riera certainly adds to Liverpool as he is providing some of the much needed width that this team was desperately in need of.
    Whats needed early in the second half is plenty of shots, whether they be from inside or outside the box to unsettle the Everton rearguard. You cannot blame Torres or Keane for this, if they get a little space then you can blame them if they fail to score, as it is they are getting the ball with four defenders behind them almost always.

As for Reina and his spill, reminds me a bit of why David James got that nickname 'Calamity'. I'm not saying thats fitting to Reina, it just reminded of James at Liverpool, and every other club he played for actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eagle eye wrote: »
    If one player is that important to Liverpool for games against average teams then there is a serious problem at Anfield. You should be able to win this match comfortably with half the first team.
    Everton are a mess at the back so far this season so you'd expect to see a top four club scoring a lot of goals.

Edit to say, don't get me wrong I expect Liverpool to win this comfortably. They are better than even money with the bookies and that looks like serious value to me.

Jaysus, am starting to think that you are a Liverpool fan...

Come on Torres! He is moving awfully slow or something....?!? Phil Neville kept with him in a sprint in the first half, and he couldnt shake off Osman either

dear god i hate mike riley!

Keane and Torres actualy link up and a goal is produced!

Mike

TORRRESSSSS!!!!!!1

Beautiful build up!

Well unless he scores today and Liverpool don't have a game on Tuesday, that would be one goal by my reckoning.

2 before OCt it is so.:)

• Advertisement

He was fast enough when it counted! Thanks Arteta for giving us the ball too :-)
    Go on Nando!! Well played Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Good to see Keane creating that move.

Torres is NOT a homer! :)

Mike

Stekelly wrote: »

My bad, 3.:D

Stekelly wrote: »

Make it 3 :)

I <3 Torres

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres is NOT a homer! :)

Mike

I think a mile is close enough to count though.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Humdinger!

Giggedy Giggedy!! Everton giving the ball away again!! They are all over the shop! What a finish! Cool as an ice cube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bah! Had Torres in my Fantasy team since the start of the season. I transferred him out during the week.....of course he goes and scores 2:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

keane done brilliantly for both goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Quality.
    Please god let this be the start of something beautiful between those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bah! Had Torres in my Fantasy team since the start of the season. I transferred him out during the week.....of course he goes and scores 2:mad:

Dont you dare buy him back! ;)

yabba dabba doooooooooooooooooooo! Agh forget it.

Mike

That was a great finish. pity.

• Advertisement

dear god mike riley wtf?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

KevIRL wrote: »

My capt kev!! pity about the other 10 donkeys:)sorry back on topic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

let off there

i really hope the ref commission people look at Riley, he's truly awful. Hopefully that third goal from Torres won't matter, but it should be treated as if it might have. Also the incident where Torres was pulled up for a nothing foul after leaving himself 1 on 1 with the keeper at 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Mike Riley making a mess of this tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement