Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Know your ITB people.

• 23-09-2008 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Former staff member.

No friggin' hope of me posting a picture - I have already bumped into an ex-student while a little drunk. Not my finest hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ex-student here.

Loved the place.

Back when only the A-Block was there, good times.

Pints in that pub in Corduff ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Current student, ask me anything! I have a finger in every pie...:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Do i count even though i am going in the evenings?

irishbird wrote: »

Well, I only ever worked there in the evenings and on Saturdays, so yes. :)

• Advertisement

WOO HOO

i am in first college club ever \ 0 /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

*waves from over at the Digiweb building*

Boards is over here, you know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

*Waves at Regi from the corporate park!*

i will wave at you tonight regi, as i try to miss the speed ramps

i will wave at you tonight regi, as i try to miss the speed ramps

Of course you count! We love everyone and sundry here at ITB :D

• Advertisement

Of course you count! We love everyone and sundry here at ITB :D

LOL, my quote and your quote dont really go together. i was very confused there for minute or two :o

LOL, my quote and your quote dont really go together. i was very confused there for minute or two :o

Don't worry, slow people are welcome too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Its a shame you'll miss the "college life" during the day, it gets very loud and busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Alumni Graduated in 2007

still picking the "Do Not park In Unauthorised Areas" sticker off my car window :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

1st year computing student :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

Repeating first year computer syudet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

Same here. 2nd Semester now :P
    Liking the college, tis better then others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

Doing BN104 Computer Science. One half of the duo which run the Computer Society, manage all the Web stuff for SU, Clubs and Socs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

My brother is a 1st year Comp student

I, on the other hand, am a 3rd year Business student.

Boards is in Blanch? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭alic

Same as the rest of ya above, I is a 1st year computer student in group 3, I knows markious (above post). Have a picture of Me Markious, a mate and 2 lecturers at the last robocode, where we let the college down, I'll edit it later and throw it up I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 vinnyirl

3rd year Mechatronics going into 4th hopefully. Currently the chairperson of CompSoc. Next year I will also be the clubs and societies officer. I think I just love working with stress :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

4th Year Business and IT student heading into my last week in college :( Great times to be had in ITB. I might be back after my travels who knows.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Starting Creative Digital Media from this September 1st year:) Got my offer from the cao yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

Gonzo wrote: »
    Starting Creative Digital Media from this September 1st year:) Got my offer from the cao yesterday.

Same here dude! Can't wait! No more getting up at six in the a.m. to be at a college for 9a.m. anymore!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Poache182

Best course ever. Great craic last year. Starting second year of creative digital media in september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sazz

hey im shauna brennan....just got offered my place in creative digital media yesterday and i accepted :D woooooop
    any1 else on that course i need friends 2 creep on hahahaha :D

c yez all soooooon :P

sazz wrote: »
    woooo same course startin this sep 2 lets b friends lol joke :P

Ok, just remember that txt speak is frowned upon around these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rocketballs

hey i'm starting CDM in sept too, got my offer on monday there, did my LC in 2004 so wonder what ages be like in the class, really looking forward to starting :)

hey i'm starting CDM in sept too, got my offer on monday there, did my LC in 2004 so wonder what ages be like in the class, really looking forward to starting :)

If it's anything like CompSci it'll be a nice mix. Third year for me will probably be average age mid to late twenties, we had a few who went working for a few years first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Lo there, starting Horticulture this year. Cant wait. I know they have changed this course, does anyone know if its still partly in Glasnevin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BrutalPrtection

Creative Digital Media student, startind second year :)
    I honestly can't wait for new semester to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 XRustyAssassinX

hey im starting bn104 course tomorrow first year ell its registration i live in dunshaughlin i get the bus from der to the slip road but hav to walk like a mile to get to itb then a mile back into blanch center to get a bus dat brings me to blanch village which finally gets me a bus back to dunshaughlin i was wondering is der any better way or wat!!!!!!! can i get a bus from itb to blanch village please reply:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Poache182

The urbus goes from itb to the centre, or you can get the 38 from corduff shops (2 min walk from itb) to the blanch village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Poache182 wrote: »
    The urbus goes from itb to the centre, or you can get the 38 from corduff shops (2 min walk from itb) to the blanch village.

I'd suggest the 38. worth the walk as its cheaper. also the UrBus feels to much like your being driven by a russian mobster cliché from a bad movie :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

ditto Bn104 group4 (i'm the old guy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 XRustyAssassinX

im the red head with glasses

All Comp students in previous posts ^ Just make sure you join the computer society; upstairs c block behind sandwich bar. We have games open at the moment to come up and play...

(I'm BN104 Y3)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

what sorta games are played in the computer society and what time does it run at? Im CDM (BN112) Y1.

what sorta games are played in the computer society and what time does it run at? Im CDM (BN112) Y1.

All day, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is on at the moment (Guest accounts) until registration. We're getting Valve's Steam Cafe product as soon as the SU cheque is ready and funding meeting done (next month).

Anyhoo as to not hijack this thread, our website is http://cs.itbsu.ie contact us there or call up. I'll post hours I'll be there (and the rest of executive that runs it) as soon as I can nail my timetable down.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Comp Sci B.Sc Alumni - finished 2005.

Made genuine friends for life up there. Learned little relevant to my career though. But with delicious irony, am considering the Masters course as it does sit with my current job role and career prospects :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

Finished in 2005 also, BSC comp science. what can I say- excellent facilities. a bit of a grind! it's faired me well- I work in McDonalds now (2 stars- aww yeah).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Finished in 2005 also, BSC comp science. what can I say- excellent facilities. a bit of a grind! it's faired me well- I work in McDonalds now (2 stars- aww yeah).

Seriously??....Way to depress the rest of the comp science students :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

actually really though- the level of hands on 'real world' experience is unparralled, I work with a mix of people from different educational backgrounds- college, Uni, and it always the DIT's guys that have relevant hands on experience (the concept of labs is still lost on 'colleges'). At least when I started in my job I had seen and configured a router and switch before, I had installed and configured Linux etc. Anyway in the industry 5 years and the only guys I see better trainied are the Army guys and girls - and their all consultants!
    Blanch is now the regional college for Cisco certification now so I will be back there next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

BN104 Y2

:D
    CompSci FTW!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 Mebbie

I just accepted Creative Digital Media!:)
    Can't wait!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Caffro

Hey!

Quick question, do BN013 (level 7) and BN104 (level 8) have classes together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Caffro wrote: »
    Hey!

Quick question, do BN013 (level 7) and BN104 (level 8) have classes together?

Worthy of it's own thread that question.

but yes they do. The only difference is how long your signed up for.
    BN104 is what I'm doing, heading into 3rd year this year. Basically the college keeps sending me registration packs.. where as I think If I was on the BN103 I have to tell them at the end of the 3 years it lasts that I'd like to continue and apply to continue, if I wanted too continue. Whereas with the BN104 they know you want to keep going, as that's what your signed up for.

Continually signing up to continue to the next year results in some pretty fun times.
    I know a girl that's graduated three times XD.

There is no segregation or difference in what you learn. It's just a different way to enter and do the course.

Oh and welcome to ITB ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Caffro

brendanL wrote: »
    Worthy of it's own thread that question.

but yes they do. The only difference is how long your signed up for.
    BN104 is what I'm doing, heading into 3rd year this year. Basically the college keeps sending me registration packs.. where as I think If I was on the BN103 I have to tell them at the end of the 3 years it lasts that I'd like to continue and apply to continue, if I wanted too continue. Whereas with the BN104 they know you want to keep going, as that's what your signed up for.

Continually signing up to continue to the next year results in some pretty fun times.
    I know a girl that's graduated three times XD.

There is no segregation or difference in what you learn. It's just a different way to enter and do the course.

Oh and welcome to ITB ;D

Thats awesome, been wondering that for a while. So does that mean the classes are quite large then?

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aball

hey dude(caffro) cant wait man for freshers week :D ..anyone else hyper for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

aball wrote: »
    hey dude(caffro) cant wait man for freshers week :D ..anyone else hyper for it ?

What week is that? Don't say 20th:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement