Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your ITB people.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Quinsopher

1st year Hort, exams suck, distractions are fun but regrettable.

Just park in the grass, it's good for your tyres!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rushmucker

yea 1st year exams a pain, 2nd much easier bit more detailed but easier to stay in the zone when you have a year under your belt. sometimes there's parking at the link 2009 when there was no clamping the parking was mad cars everywhere, im a 4x4 driver so the more muck the better hence the name:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Im a former student of ITB. I remember most days I ended up having to park on the grass. Are they clamping now? They used to just put an annoying sticker on your window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

KJ wrote: »
    Are they clamping now? They used to just put an annoying sticker on your window.

Yeap, they clamp all around the carpark, but not beyond the boundaries of it. Still heaps of cars (50+ easy) on the grass on some days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

As there'll be a few new people/first years knockin' around the forum, just thought I'd bump this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Ah yes welcome to all 1st years for 2011 :D
    welcome-to-rivendell.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

Hey guys :)
    I'll be studying Creative Digital Media at ITB. Quite chuffed that I was offered my first choice on the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

First year student for Early Childhood Care & Education.. doubt i'll meet anyone doing the same thing here *hopesbecauseidontknowanyone* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

First year student for Early Childhood Care & Education.. doubt i'll meet anyone doing the same thing here *hopesbecauseidontknowanyone* :(

Not many(if any) of the Social care students use this forum. but us that do are really friendly so welcome aboard, + ITB is a real 'everyone knows everyone' kinda place anyway so ya'll find lots of friends from other courses too. the best way to meet peops is to join a club or society, theres plenty on offer and if none of them grab you ya can always start your own ;)

FAO All new first years. Myself and some nice peops will be showing you around ITB on Thursday next week and helping to get ya settled in , cant wait to meet ya all

• Advertisement

Not many(if any) of the Social care students use this forum. but us that do are really friendly so welcome aboard, + ITB is a real 'everyone knows everyone' kinda place anyway so ya'll find lots of friends from other courses too. the best way to meet peops is to join a club or society, theres plenty on offer and if none of them grab you ya can always start your own ;)
    Ah jaysiz, i had a look at the list of em and i cant do anything in any of those clubs/societies. im one of those ''im not good at anything'' people. Anyway, i wouldnt know what to start a club about :p

Ah jaysiz, i had a look at the list of em and i cant do anything in any of those clubs/societies. im one of those ''im not good at anything'' people. Anyway, i wouldnt know what to start a club about :p

I think some of the social care guy's are setting up a mental health and wellbeing society called the itb Carebears so maybe that would be somethig to think about. if not PhotoSoc is great, and ya dont even need a camera just a camera phone will do

Also the list on itb.ie is pretty dated there are loads more !!

I think some of the social care guy's are setting up a mental health and wellbeing society called the itb Carebears so maybe that would be somethig to think about. if not PhotoSoc is great, and ya dont even need a camera just a camera phone will do

Also the list on itb.ie is pretty dated there are loads more !!
    I'm defs interested in that Carebears one, if it happens. Gonna take myself over to the sticky for clubs on this forum :)

I'm defs interested in that Carebears one, if it happens. Gonna take myself over to the sticky for clubs on this forum :)

Cool :) Student Union VP Aideen Hartnett will be able to point you in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm doing Early Childhood Care &Ed too! You are not alone in the not knowing anyone btw :P

Lola92 wrote: »
    I'm doing Early Childhood Care &Ed too! You are not alone in the not knowing anyone btw :P
    Woohoo! We can not know people together :p

I propose starting a loner soc, or is that just a bit too ironic? :D

I propose starting a loner soc, or is that just a bit too ironic? :D
    How about a newbie one, since loner is abit mean :p

How about a newbie one, since loner is abit mean :p

Nigs doing the organising :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kittykat4780

hey lola92 and killyourtv, im starting early childhood care and education too and i dont kno anyone either, can i join ur new soc :P i say we be loners or newbies together :p

hey lola92 and killyourtv, im starting early childhood care and education too and i dont kno anyone either, can i join ur new soc :P i say we be loners or newbies together :p
    I'll be the one with glasses and lip piercing, will we join up together for our first day since we dont know anyone? :P

I'll be the one with glasses and lip piercing, will we join up together for our first day since we dont know anyone? :P

I'm up for it anyway! I'll be wearing glasses too and probably looking sleep deprived! :P will pm you my number and we cn text and meet up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kittykat4780

I'm up for it anyway! I'll be wearing glasses too and probably looking sleep deprived! :P will pm you my number and we cn text and meet up :)

That sounds like a plan :D, ill be the redhead wearing my favorite brown boots probably and if i can figure out how to pm ill give both of you my number, im so glad i wont be a loner on the first day!, i love boards.ie :D

Its such a relief knowing im not the only newbie going into this and i know some people.. hooray for boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stacerz17

hey guys, got accepted to social studies. will be deferring due to funds. whats the college like....im a quiet shy thing lol so need opinions :D

stacerz17 wrote: »
    hey guys, got accepted to social studies. will be deferring due to funds. whats the college like....im a quiet shy thing lol so need opinions :D
    Don't worry, you won't be the only shy one. You make friends in the college quick enough.

Join a few societys etc, you'll be grand ;)

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Enjoy your time in ITB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stacerz17

deadly stuff, the college looks great. i love the idea of a "family" atmosphere. was in UCD prior and found it very difficult to fit in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Katie30

Ah I miss the craic in ITB, garduated a few years ago. Hope the social aspect has improved!! Pat O'Connor what a legend he was :):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement