Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falling dream

Options
  • 23-09-2008 1:28am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else out there ever have the "falling dream"? I've had them every so often for years now. At first it used to be that I'd dream that I was cycling over to my friend''s house, and when I'd reach the small hill down to her house I'd start to fall off my bike, but I'd always wake before I'd hit the ground, and often this was accompanied by the sensation that I'd been floating/hovering above my bed only to crash back down as I woke. In the last while I've stopped dreaming that I was on the bike and now it's usually that I'm on a bridge whic suddenly turns into a drawbridge and it separates without warning, leaving me clinging to the edge or else I'm falling off a ladder.
    I read somewhere that these types of dreams are often attributed to sudden drops in blood pressure, or middle ear disturbances. Anyone anything to offer on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I've had them before too, really hate them cause they are so real and wake me up. I don't know what cause them tbh, although the dream preceding the fall is often stressful and when I wake up I'm always sweating iirc.

Advertisement