Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem is on his way Back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

yessssssssssss.

didnt like encore that much but still excited.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

someone oughta buy these guys some dictionaries so they can find out what 'retirement' actually means.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

He is fierce annoying. i hope he doesn't come back because to be honest, I'm in no mood to be getting headaches off teeny boppers while they play his crappy little songs off their phones at the back of the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickdlk

someone oughta buy these guys some dictionaries so they can find out what 'retirement' actually means.

He never actually said he was retireing, He stated that he was taking a break to work on his own record production company.

Even if he did say he was retiring, which he never it happens in all walks of life, Someone tell Stevie O Neill from Tyrone wat word 'retirement' meant, stephen Finnan of Ireland aso 'retired' but are now back playing football

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

People might argue that they came out of retirement because they still have something to offer. In my opinion everything released by Eminem has been pretty much disappointing since MM LP and I went back and listened to SS LP a couple of times recently and it hasn't aged well at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The sound of his voice is so grating I don't know why anyone would celebrate him coming back.

obviously coz ye think he's a good rapper... I was just making a point ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Makaveli wrote: »
    People might argue that they came out of retirement because they still have something to offer. In my opinion everything released by Eminem has been pretty much disappointing since MM LP and I went back and listened to SS LP a couple of times recently and it hasn't aged well at all.

+1 MM LP was the peak.

Recent stuff was disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I don't think there are words to express how little I care.

Orizio wrote: »
    I don't think there are words to express how little I care.

Why bother posting then:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Really liked MM album. Some catchy songs since...Videos usually amusing :) Kinda happy he's making a comeback - though he can't really use the line "feels so empty without me" again now can he?!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Hopefully it's better than Encore which was an incredible let down

mickdlk wrote: »
    Why bother posting then:confused:

Clearly to express how little I care. Rather obvious I would have thought.

Clearly to express how little I care. Rather obvious I would have thought.
    Well said. I couldn't give a fup if he's back. He was the most annoying little bollix ever made by Dr Dre.

Its pretty incredible how poorly his music has aged. I can't doubt that his lyricism and flow were pretty strong, but even his superior early albums sound painfully outdated to me for whatever reason.

Its pretty incredible how poorly his music has aged. I can't doubt that his lyricism and flow were pretty strong, but even his superior early albums sound painfully outdated to me for whatever reason.
    Thats true. I listened to his early stuff. there are a few reasons. When he 1st came out he was new. nobody ever heard of this white RAP that was fairly whitty in fairness. and he slagged everyone off. The other reason is because the people who listened to him when he 1st came out were in that age bracket that listened to him. It's been a while now and I don't think I could ever listen to him again. His voice goes thru my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Don't think any1 cares that 'Shady' is returning. Hip-Hop has moved on, and so has the world.

Unfortuantely, there will be plenty of teenage girls with skin cancer buying his newest by the truckload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The reason his musics dated so badly is the production. He's always had terrible taste in beats, and his own beats are particularly awful.

If he got someone good like DJ Premier to do his production he might make another decent album. But I'm sure this'll be full of his dated self-produced ****e.

I still think his music is great and i know many more are the same.....

Best rapper of all time after 2pac IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

I still think his music is great and i know many more are the same.....

Best rapper of all time after 2pac IMO

Let me guess... the first 'rap' album you ever bought was either The Chronic 2001 or MMLP? You havent listened to enough hiphop mate.

Some of Eminems stuff was quality, older tracks like 'My name is', '97 Bonnie & Clyde' were good, the peak was defo MMLP where every track was solid although not all amazing, 'Kill You' 'Bitch Please II' and 'Drug Ballad' are my favourites simply for the complexity of his flow.

After that - **** sake 50Cent even outshined him on that next ****ty album, think the song was called 'Never Enough' or some ****. That album had ONE good normal-Eminem [i.e. heartfelt well-written and observational] song on it, 'Mockingbird' and even then that song would struggle to make it onto the MMLP.

Both 'Like Toy Soliders' and 'Mosh' were two songs attempting to capitalise on the current sales climate where fans wanted to either a) hear about 'beef' [bollox] or b) pretend to be rebels rallying against the demon of Bush, neither song really actually said anything very in-depth or groundbreaking. But, and this is where Eminem fans should of realised he was really going downhill as an act, although both were decent songs, much better than the remainder of the album, neither was released as a single. Why? Musically they were better songs but commerically not viable, according to label execs... Where was the old Eminem who 'didnt give fu<k' about label politics and would freely air out his opinions about it on record? He was in the boardroom thats where.

Instead they released 'Just lose it', probably the song with the worst content ever released by a so-called 'Artist' and 'Ass like that', another pop song aimed at buyers instead of fans. Mockingbird was then released after a whole uproar about how commercial he had gotten, I think it was nearly a year after the album. Gotta keep the fans happy right? The have money too.

Every single, bar those mentioned previously, that he's released since MMLP has been a billboard-aimed throw -away peice of pop rubbish, [especially Purple Pills] that pisses me off to have to listen to.

After that rant I shall comment on the other replies, someone said Eminem picks bad beats, fu<k no, his sales rely on his beats, half the time his beats make the track listenable for a real fan - take 'Sing for the moment', terrible content, great sample, good beat, verdict - listenable. Superman, **** content, good beat verdict - listenable. Lose Yourself, OK content although he makes no real comments or observations and his flow is fairly simple, beat is savage - verdict listenable.

All his best tracks have had really good catchy beats, but more importantly really snappy flows, observational content or alternatively a sharp witt or highly descripitive. The best Eminem tracks have been aggressive or emotional, funny or highly serious, quick flows and fast catchy or rhythmic beats... put it this way, even now when I hear the sample-intro to 'Kill You' or 'Criminal' I can still go and rap off the rest of the track lyrics just from how recognisable and catchy the beat is.

I wish he'd go back to making songs like 'I just dont give a ****' - 'Bitch Please II' - 'The way I am' or 'Drug balled' and just stop for the sake of all things hiphop including peices of absolute BOLLOX like 'Rainman' from the Encore album where he freely admits at the end of it that "[HE] just did a whole song and [HE] didnt say shiiiiiiiit"... I paid for this and you just wasted a whole 4 minutes of my life and then threw back in my face at the end of the song!

PS... *warning surprising finish to rant upcoming*...

For the record - Eminems 3 best verses of all time were on reletively poor tracks, in no particular order...

His first verse on Renegade with JayZ
    His verse on One Shot with D12 from Encore
    Second verse on Infinite - simply for the complexity of rhymes, the beat is ****E though...

I might illegally download the new album (which I rarely do) just to get my own back on him for saying that bollox to me at the end of Rainman.

• Advertisement

Renegade was one of my fave tracks off The Blueprint actually. Some serious MC'ing from Jay and Eminem.

As far him being the second greatest MC...no. Never. Not a ****ing hope. Even a fan of Eminem, and a serious fan of Hip-Hop, couldn't objectively put him in their top ten. The fact that the bulk of his discography isn't particurly good for a start puts him beyond ****loads, like Nas, Common, Rakim, Andre 3000, Ghostface, KRS, Jay, Kool G, Chuck D, Ice Cube, Prodigy, Raekwon, GZA etc.

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Let me guess... the first 'rap' album you ever bought was either The Chronic 2001 or MMLP? You havent listened to enough hiphop mate.

Some of Eminems stuff was quality, older tracks like 'My name is', '97 Bonnie & Clyde' were good, the peak was defo MMLP where every track was solid although not all amazing, 'Kill You' 'Bitch Please II' and 'Drug Ballad' are my favourites simply for the complexity of his flow.

After that - **** sake 50Cent even outshined him on that next ****ty album, think the song was called 'Never Enough' or some ****. That album had ONE good normal-Eminem [i.e. heartfelt well-written and observational] song on it, 'Mockingbird' and even then that song would struggle to make it onto the MMLP.

Both 'Like Toy Soliders' and 'Mosh' were two songs attempting to capitalise on the current sales climate where fans wanted to either a) hear about 'beef' [bollox] or b) pretend to be rebels rallying against the demon of Bush, neither song really actually said anything very in-depth or groundbreaking. But, and this is where Eminem fans should of realised he was really going downhill as an act, although both were decent songs, much better than the remainder of the album, neither was released as a single. Why? Musically they were better songs but commerically not viable, according to label execs... Where was the old Eminem who 'didnt give fu<k' about label politics and would freely air out his opinions about it on record? He was in the boardroom thats where.

Instead they released 'Just lose it', probably the song with the worst content ever released by a so-called 'Artist' and 'Ass like that', another pop song aimed at buyers instead of fans. Mockingbird was then released after a whole uproar about how commercial he had gotten, I think it was nearly a year after the album. Gotta keep the fans happy right? The have money too.

Every single, bar those mentioned previously, that he's released since MMLP has been a billboard-aimed throw -away peice of pop rubbish, [especially Purple Pills] that pisses me off to have to listen to.

After that rant I shall comment on the other replies, someone said Eminem picks bad beats, fu<k no, his sales rely on his beats, half the time his beats make the track listenable for a real fan - take 'Sing for the moment', terrible content, great sample, good beat, verdict - listenable. Superman, **** content, good beat verdict - listenable. Lose Yourself, OK content although he makes no real comments or observations and his flow is fairly simple, beat is savage - verdict listenable.

All his best tracks have had really good catchy beats, but more importantly really snappy flows, observational content or alternatively a sharp witt or highly descripitive. The best Eminem tracks have been aggressive or emotional, funny or highly serious, quick flows and fast catchy or rhythmic beats... put it this way, even now when I hear the sample-intro to 'Kill You' or 'Criminal' I can still go and rap off the rest of the track lyrics just from how recognisable and catchy the beat is.

I wish he'd go back to making songs like 'I just dont give a ****' - 'Bitch Please II' - 'The way I am' or 'Drug balled' and just stop for the sake of all things hiphop including peices of absolute BOLLOX like 'Rainman' from the Encore album where he freely admits at the end of it that "[HE] just did a whole song and [HE] didnt say shiiiiiiiit"... I paid for this and you just wasted a whole 4 minutes of my life and then threw back in my face at the end of the song!

PS... *warning surprising finish to rant upcoming*...

For the record - Eminems 3 best verses of all time were on reletively poor tracks, in no particular order...

His first verse on Renegade with JayZ
    His verse on One Shot with D12 from Encore
    Second verse on Infinite - simply for the complexity of rhymes, the beat is ****E though...

I might illegally download the new album (which I rarely do) just to get my own back on him for saying that bollox to me at the end of Rainman.

So ive not listented to enough Hip Hop because I think Eminem is 2nd best rapper ever:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Explain that one to me....

Mate its all about our own opinions, and everything you wrote their is your opinion

Mate its all about our own opinions, and everything you wrote their is your opinion

Right, and on discussion forums you defend your opinion and debunk others.

So go for it. ;)

In fairness, most new Hip-Hop fans tend to start out with the likes of Eminem and Tupac, hence where Pen is coming from.

Right, and on discussion forums you defend your opinion and debunk others.

So go for it. ;)

In fairness, most new Hip-Hop fans tend to start out with the likes of Eminem and Tupac, hence where Pen is coming from.

Maybe thats true

But how else do I defend what im saying????

I put it down In My Opinion EMINEM is 2nd best Rapper ever, what explaining is needed???

Debunking the idea that you haven't listened to enough Hip-Hop, or why you think Eminem is such a great MC? Good places to start.

**** you can feel free to ignore us, just leave out the old 'I'm just expressing my opinion leave me alone' kinda thing, its rather tedious. It seems to come out a lot and its just...pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Just read this thread now. Tupac as best rapper ever and Eminem 2nd.... come on.......

Eminem stopped being relevant to hip-hop a long long time ago, prob straight after his 1st album! ;) On a side note his beats are horrible. I agree with almost all of Pen1987s post there also. I have no interest in his new album whatsoever, enjoy the D12 concert....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

So ive not listented to enough Hip Hop because I think Eminem is 2nd best rapper ever:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Explain that one to me....

Yes but my opinion is informed.

Put it this way...
    If I had no television, never read the sport pages in the newspapers, never went online and read about or watched football but I always saw the same group of kids from my window playing football on the grass outside. This happened every day and there was this one kid who was head and shoulders above the rest, always danced around the other kids which made him look really talented - so I formed my opinion that these must be the only people playing football in the world because they were the only people I ever saw playing football, therefore I formed the opinion that the really good kid was obviously the best footballer in the world based upon what I'd seen. Now would that make my opinion on who was the 'greatest footballer in the world' valid?

No. Because I've never witnessed Pele, Cryuff, Eusebio or even a premiership player playing football. Or even had the chance to compare that kid from the road outside to other players of a decent level. Same way that if you havent heard the majority of the best tracks from the majority of rappers who informed people on the subject agree, in general, to be some of the best ever you cant have a valid opinion on who is the best ever.

TAKE NOTE********************
    This does NOT mean going out and listening to illmatic and coming back here claiming that its not as good as MMLP so therefore Eminem is a better rapper than Nas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

I can see Eminem getting more political, given the climate, who his friends are working with and just whats happening with Hip Hop.

He's clearly anti-NWO and with DJ Green Lantern having worked on Immortal Technique's new album, I can see him going this way. I hope so!

But no, he's not one of the best rappers ever. I like his style though, he's funny and he has got a good freestyle (based on '97 battles, not 8mile!)

He's one of the best fully white rappers ever.

I think his contribution to hip hop wont be fully seen for about 10 years, he's certainly made it fully acceptable to be white and rap. There are many, many white rappers copying his style, but not as much as there are black rappers copying Tupac's style

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Smudgeyboy wrote: »

He's one of the best fully white rappers ever.

I think his contribution to hip hop wont be fully seen for about 10 years, he's certainly made it fully acceptable to be white and rap. There are many, many white rappers copying his style, but not as much as there are black rappers copying Tupac's style

I really dont know what your point is here? Eminem has some nice verses here and there,but i cant see down the line what relevance he will be to hip-hop other than in setting some sort of record for album sales. People seem to forget that for every good song he puts out there is 4 or 5 garbage ones to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

Oh sorry man, I meant the rap game is still demonated by non-white people, Eminem, while he's not the best, might have influenced who will be the best of the white rappers.

As I said, he has made it fully acceptable for white people to rap

Advertisement