Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem is on his way Back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

RA The Rugged Man made it acceptable for white people to rap. He did it so well people never really made a point of it in any articles or interviews I read.

Anyway, people who go on about that kind of thing are ****ing idiots. It really gets on my tits when people say "Oh, rap sounds stupid with a Irish/UK accent" or "you have to be black" or "you're not wearing the right clothes."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Well the Irish/UK accetn is true. Rap sounds retarded with an english or Irish accent. I would prefer if Rappers stopped looking all blinged up like posers and talkin about how much money they have... thats bullshiiit. Common is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Don't see anything wrong with a rapper with a British accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Rap sounds good in any accent once its done well, the content needs to suit the accent though.

'Common is the best', yeah defo, nearly as good as Tupac and Eminem or even Dr.Dre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Yes but my opinion is informed.

TAKE NOTE********************
    This does NOT mean going out and listening to illmatic and coming back here claiming that its not as good as MMLP so therefore Eminem is a better rapper than Nas.

How do you know his isn't? Is it because he didn't spout a big rant about why he believes they are the rappers he thinks are the best?

Condescending much?

Like Toy Soldiers was released as a single btw.
    Smudgeyboy wrote:
    He's one of the best fully white rappers ever.

I don't even know what this means.
    Smudgeyboy wrote:
    I think his contribution to hip hop wont be fully seen for about 10 years

10 years from now? If it's going to take 20 years then maybe his contribution wasn't all that great.

• Advertisement

I assume he means white mother and father, rather then mixed. Apparently these kind of things matter to some people...

Oh and the answer ye where all looking for was MC Serch. Not Em, not RA, not Everlast, but Serch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

Orizio wrote: »
    I assume he means white mother and father, rather then mixed. Apparently these kind of things matter to some people...

Oh and the answer ye where all looking for was MC Serch. Not Em, not RA, not Everlast, but Serch.
    Are you suggesting something here? I'm not offended or getting in your e-face here, but I wasnt trying make any point with the words 'fully white', just needlessly distiguishing.

Also, when I made the point about it 'being acceptable' I meant on the commercial level that he's reached.

But I'm also aware that commerical level is bull****, he's still sold a hell of a lot more than most rappers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Makaveli wrote: »
    How do you know his isn't? Is it because he didn't spout a big rant about why he believes they are the rappers he thinks are the best?

Yes. He didnt back up his point so I blew him out of the debate.
    Condescending much?

Condescending? Maybe, depends on how you look at it. good arguing/discussion I prefer to call it. See it how you see it.

I stand corrected over the Like Toy Soldiers single.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The condescending comment was based on the opening line of your post, I probably should have quoted specifically.
    Let me guess... the first 'rap' album you ever bought was either The Chronic 2001 or MMLP? You havent listened to enough hiphop mate.

That ^.

I used to post like that on here and I've read some of my older posts and in hindsight you just end up looking like a dickhead. It's the guys opinion and whether we agree with it or not (I wouldn't in this case) we can debate it without throwing in cheap shots. If you had left out that one line from your post it wouldn't have set such a condescending tone imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickdlk

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Yes. He didnt back up his point so I blew him out of the debate.

Condescending? Maybe, depends on how you look at it. good arguing/discussion I prefer to call it. See it how you see it.

I stand corrected over the Like Toy Soldiers single.

So becaue I havnt been on in a few days means you blew me out of the debate:eek::confused:

The reason I like Eminem is because he dosnt care who he annoys, He has the mentality you like me or f**k off, and thats true. In my opinion more people like him than dislike him so he is doing somethinmg wrong.

It was either you or someone else who pointed out that I have never listened to other people Rap, How do you know this?
    Ive listened to endless rappers and like many of them but there music and lyrics didnt appeal to me the way Eminem and 2Pacs did,

Is that good enough reason for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

imo slim shady lp great
    marshall mathers lp great
    eminem show pretty ok ( i like soldier, business etc.......)
    encore fkin rubbish

there isnt 1 song off encore that wuda fitted onto the first 2 albums

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Common is great but if we are talking best lyricist then Crooked I is on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The overriding lesson here is to NEVER, EVER praise a successful and popular rap artist on the internet, simply list a few unknown emcees and never-were's. In my opinion Eminem's second album was a classic and seeing as Vibe Magazine readers just named him the best rapper alive over Jay-Z, he is missed by the community and has already left a huge mark on the rap game. Rap and Hp Hop are fun genres but sometimes tend suffer the same credibility issues that arise in Punk discussions; in other words the more popular you get the trendier it becomes to take the piss. Just my opinion but moreso than any other rap artist that really crossed over in the last 10 years, Eminem took some bold risks and challenged the medium (Kim etc). I do hope he comes back but no Encore-shenanigans or Akon features please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I thought Evil Deeds and Mockingbird were good songs on Encore.

I think we should all agree that Eminem is class....Nuff said.

The overriding lesson here is to NEVER, EVER praise a successful and popular rap artist on the internet, simply list a few unknown emcees and never-were's. In my opinion Eminem's second album was a classic and seeing as Vibe Magazine readers just named him the best rapper alive over Jay-Z, he is missed by the community and has already left a huge mark on the rap game. Rap and Hp Hop are fun genres but sometimes tend suffer the same credibility issues that arise in Punk discussions; in other words the more popular you get the trendier it becomes to take the piss. Just my opinion but moreso than any other rap artist that really crossed over in the last 10 years, Eminem took some bold risks and challenged the medium (Kim etc). I do hope he comes back but no Encore-shenanigans or Akon features please

Has it not just occured to you that he is just overated, that his last two albums were steaming pile's of **** and that he has never made a classic Hip-Hop album? You think too much - maybe people just don't like Eminem because they don't like his music? Is this not possible? Jay-Z and OutKast are plenty popular, do you see anyone insulting those legendary MC's in this forum?

The fact that the Vibe - as if the Vibe mag has anything remotely relevent to say about Hip-Hop - put Em before Jay-Z and Nas shows they are taking the piss. Beyond them their are plenty of 'unknown' MC's (who are in fact MC's well known to anyone with a real interest in Hip-Hop) like Jean Grae, Elzhi, Royce who's recent output makes a mockery of Eminem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Jay-Z and OutKast are plenty popular, do you see anyone insulting those legendary MC's in this forum?

Eh, yes?

Outkast suck. Suck embarassingly. And have done so for at least eight years. When compared to Hey Ya and Prototype, Just Lose It sounds as atmospheric as NY State of Mind or C.R.E.A.M.

Nearly :pac: Sorry but if you are honestly saying Outkast have made better music than Eminem in the last 8 years you are being pretentious, nothing more. Soulja Boy is infinitely better than kast these days, and that is a fact. Outkast are the Scooter of hip hop.

The first two albums were lyrically billiant (although Kim was redtop tabloid baiting rubbish of the highest order. Worked mind).

Unfortunately, when people start saying legends like OutKast, a duo that has released at least three classic albums (count em - thats three more then Em), a duo that consists of two of the greatest MC's ever both of whom have more creativity and originality in their little fingers then Eminen has in his hole body, then you know Hip-Hop is slowly becoming a joke.

Basically, anyone who says Eminem is superior to OutKast should not be taken seriously. Go on any Hip-Hop forum and repeat the above and see how quickly you get laughed off. ;)

shane86 wrote: »

Soulja Boy is infinitely better than kast these days, and that is a fact. Outkast are the Scooter of hip hop.

Re-reading your post Shane, I can see you can only be taking the piss.

Very good stuff there, nearly had me taking you seriously.;)

Whats next? MC Hammer better then Kane? Vanilla Ice superior to Nas? Soulja Boy better then Rakim? Scott Storch over Premier? Any other certifiable Hip-Hop legends you feel you can poke fun at and dismiss? I can't wait for some more of your intentionally ludicrous posts...

How about I just finish with this - OutKast, Jay-Z and Nas are Hip-Hop geniuses, Eminem is a terrible beatmaker, washed up MC and infantile little wanker. Try and tell if I'm joking or not...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Unfortunately, when people start saying legends like OutKast, a duo that has released at least three classic albums (count em - thats three more then Em), a duo that consists of two of the greatest MC's ever both of whom have more creativity and originality in their little fingers then Eminen has in his hole body, then you know Hip-Hop is slowly becoming a joke.

Outkast were original in 1994. Their first is a classic.

Now, yes, they are original, but only because no other artist could get away with making such camp, cheesy, ludicrous sh1t as they have made post 2000.
    Hey Ya, Prototype, Roses, Idlewild, Ms Jackson, Bombs Over Baghdad, classics right there dogg :pac: :rolleyes:

Basically, anyone who says Eminem is superior to OutKast should not be taken seriously. Go on any Hip-Hop forum and repeat the above and see how quickly you get laughed off. ;)

Hip hop forums are full of semi literate retards. Really.

Hang on now - Aquamini and ATLiens aren't classic albums?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

mickdlk wrote: »
    The reason I like Eminem is because he dosnt care who he annoys, He has the mentality you like me or f**k off, and thats true.

Is that good enough reason for you?

oh yes he has moby running scared... .lol

Hang on now - Aquamini and ATLiens aren't classic albums?

ATLiens is a work of art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

shane86 wrote: »
    Soulja Boy is infinitely better than kast these days, and that is a fact.

wtf? whatever happens i hope em's new album turns out better than encore. i know there are plenty of eminem fanboys here but songs like 'just lose it' and 'ass like that' are an embarresment to hip-hop in general, never mind to em and dre

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

I hope that shane86 has been smoking crack or something when he wrote that about Outkast!! :rolleyes:

In my view, the best hip hop group of all time (well at least my personal favourite) and Aquemini is one of the top 5 hip hop albums of all time. I agree with Orizio that they at least have 3 Classic albums and then the other 2 were'nt far off (discount Idlewild as an album - it never happened :D) Cant wait til the new stuff if coming out, end of year, prob start of next year. We'll compare and contrast Eminems offering to see how it stacks up

Idelwild had some nice **** on it as well in fairness. Big Boi's Sir Luscious Left Foot on the way, hopefully the end of the year...

Anyway - back to the Eminem discussion and all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭idPlease

wow. Eminem better than OutKast...:eek: no way son! never. Eminem is good but as Orizio said - last 2 albums stank. marshall mathers Lp was good, very good but not a classic in my eyes. Did it push the envelope? Maybe. Not as much as other classics though...

outKast continue to evolve and continue doing there thing whereas Eminem seems to have found a routine and sticks to it. Jimmy Iovine has poisned him.
    I'm sick of hearing about his mom and kim. Boring!

I wont pass judgment until i hear some new stuff from Shady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

idPlease wrote: »
    I'm sick of hearing about his mom and kim. Boring!

+100000

Encore was dreadful, I thought the Eminem Show was decent but still nothing amazing. Seriously, Em has barely appeared in public in years, I really dont know what to expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ardinn2001

Outkast spout true rhubarb and are so annoying I have seen kittens die when they are played on radio.

In a purely lyrical sense Eminem wipes the floor, carpet, tiles, and anything else you can wipe with them.

With regards beats/general music sound, again Eminem wins, outkast make hip/hop for senior citizens and I'm guessing anyone posting in regard to defending outkast is 30+. That is not a dig at anyone just maybe a good point to note. If that is the case I say that Eminem is not playing for you.

I do agree encore/curtain call were failures. But previous albums in terms of originality and freshness sent eminem to superstardom. He was the best rapper in the world, the first white rapper on the cover of RAP Magazine. And he gave exactly what was required of him. Getting back to outkast (and this is my own personal opinion, but I have a VERY varied taste in music and Really give everything a listen) I couldnt be more bored at what they do. I actually would go as far as to say they make me cringe.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm 20 years of age actually.

What OutKast albums have you actually listened to?

I can't help but think people like Shane and yourself started listening to Hip-Hop when 50 and Eminem popped up, and laegly haven't a clue avbout Hip-Hop histoy prior to whenever the **** 'In Da Club' came out on MTV. Thats the only reason I think off to explain for your clear lack of respect and frankly embarassing opinions.

Advertisement