Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hygiene - what's most important to you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

F.A. wrote: »
    On a different note, please guys, why the reading on the throne? What's so comfy there? I just don't get that... :eek:

Well what else are you going to do? Time needs killing them my default state is generally reading anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Lol! :D We all have standards. ;)

On a different note, please guys, why the reading on the throne? What's so comfy there? I just don't get that... :eek:

it's hard to explain, but the relief one gets after dropping the kids at the pool just relaxes us and the last thing we want to do is move, so we read.

that and farts sound hilarious when they reverberate around a toilet bowl... maybe that's just me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

The Bollox wrote: »
    that and farts sound hilarious when they reverberate around a toilet bowl... maybe that's just me though

I now have images of you madly giggling to yourself while at it!:o

I just find something weird about the hair there, urgh!!

I'd be so disgusted to not find hair on a man there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'd be so disgusted to not find hair on a man there.

I accept that it's there but I think it looks weird. I didn't say anything about it being shaved off etc..that'd be a tad odd I'd find.

• Advertisement

I accept that it's there but I think it looks weird. I didn't say anything about it being shaved off etc..that'd be a tad odd I'd find.

Yeah, it feels ****ing weird i have to say. Trim , sure. Shave, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I now have images of you madly giggling to yourself while at it!:o

you're not far wrong tbh. it's worse if I'm in a public jacks and I hear someone else fart. I try my best to keep the laughter in but I end up doing that reverse snort thing when the laugher creeps out.

it's great being easily amused

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

The Bollox wrote: »
    you're not far wrong tbh. it's worse if I'm in a public jacks and I hear someone else fart. I try my best to keep the laughter in but I end up doing that reverse snort thing when the laugher creeps out.

it's great being easily amused

:D:D:D - what's worse is trying to stop laughing at this thread in a small office. Uncontrollable grin across my face, giggles nearly slipping out.

What I hate: Sweaty hands, long toenails & feet in general, general cheesy bits -> please shower.

Garlic / Beer breath or both together after drinking and getting chips and garlic dip after the pub.... here have a pack of chewing gum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RuthyB

ecaf wrote: »
    What I hate: Sweaty hands, long toenails & feet in general, general cheesy bits -> please shower.
    quote]

EEwwwwww long toe nails!

I see a lady on the train nearly every morning, (she wears flip flops no matter what the weather) and her toenails must be nealry an inch long - i dry wretch whenever i see them :( its effing gross!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

What about guys who bite their nails? Major turnoff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Luckily my lovely husband is fairly hygenic! Most of the forementioned things would upset me somewhat, However...

There is nothing worse than a manky belly button! :eek: Belly button fluff!! Ewww!!! I feel physicall ill at the thoughts of it :(

There is nothing worse than a manky belly button! :eek: Belly button fluff!! Ewww!!! I feel physicall ill at the thoughts of it :(

Eww, yeah, that is rather nasty indeed. I find it bizarre that men have fluff there, though, as I have never had anything stuck in my belly button. Is that the norm, i.e., do men have it and women don't?

As for biting nails, well, I think it depends how bad the case is. If you just chew because they're a bit long and therefore 'attract' your teeth, just get them cut. If it's a case of biting till it bleeds, however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Thorough daily showering, daily shampooing, flossing, teeth cleaned for at least a total of ten minutes a day, feet and toenails clean and tidy, neat trimming where required, and definitely no smoking. Clean hands and nails at all times please.

However, I don't mind a little stubble, or pit hair, or back hair even, and I dislike too much cologne. I generally like to be the girly one :).

Oh, and I find plucked eyebrows (excepting the monobrow removal) look little too strange on a man...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I don't read on the jax, I just sit there and think about whatever is on my mind haha !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Eww, yeah, that is rather nasty indeed. I find it bizarre that men have fluff there, though, as I have never had anything stuck in my belly button. Is that the norm, i.e., do men have it and women don't?
    Maybe depends on how deep or shallow your button is?

Hmmm, I dunno. Mine is definately tighter than his, but deeper too. His seems very flat inside compared to mine. Mine is nicer anyway! :p

Lol! Gotta love the way some threads develop... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

*examines belly button* it seems quite wide.
    Girls belly buttons are cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

hmm, I'd be fairly well kept now in fairness. I prob overshower more than anything and always look after teeth although ten minutes is way too long each day. I can brush and floss in 2/3 minutes or so.

My one downfall is shaving. I'll shave every 2nd/3rd day and just keep it trim in between ie. very short. I can't shave everyday otherwise I break out in a rash (I must have facial hair that grows in 4/5 different ways) Doing my masters this year and am seriously toying with the idea of getting my face lasered! Gonna be working in a prof services firm next year so the clean shaven look will be in:rolleyes:

teeth cleaned for at least a total of ten minutes a day

Be careful with your toothpaste if you brush your teeth that much. It can cost you a lot of the enamel on your teeth so they might be all clean now, but in a decade or two they will be ****ed.

I brush twice a day, maybe a minute each time total. My teeth are perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

teeth cleaned for at least a total of ten minutes a day
    way too long. i have my technique down to a T, all my teeth are completely scrubbed from top to bottom, back, front and all sides. takes me 4mins per day max.

i'm quite clean in general. hate having dirty/long nails. only wash my hair every second day but i feel more than that is bad for you. showers take max 7 minutes and thats with every nook and cranny scrubbed, wash rinse repeat on the hair and time for a bit of conditioner. no aftershave. i smell good naturally. damn good.

as for what i look for on women...i hate chipped nail polish, either have none (totally fine) or have it done perfectly. hate big open pores on the face (forehead especially) which are packed with foundation, usually due to hair pulled back violently in a ponytail. clumpy masscara, uggh. hairs on clothes...you know when there are a load of their own hairs sticking to their top on the shoulders and down the back, horrible. And loads of purfume is disgusting, it should only be a subtle suggestion of a scent, not an overpowering fog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Moonbaby wrote: »
    OK lets get one thing straight.
    Teeth are not always naturally illumunious blue white.
    My teeth are yellow especially compared to my pasty Irish skin, and I can assure you they are clean and not scuzzy.

Yeah I know, mine are not dazzling white either. I think fake american white looks stupid, but I am referring to dirty yello. You can see the plaquey sort of look from people who look like they could do with a good wash.

Another turn off for me is long greasy hair. Long hair doesnt suit loads of guys I see it on (I mean down past their shoulders long) but when you ad a greaseball into the mix, ugh. you can only imagine what condition their dangley bits are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Dragan wrote: »
    Be careful with your toothpaste if you brush your teeth that much. It can cost you a lot of the enamel on your teeth so they might be all clean now, but in a decade or two they will be ****ed.

I would say I brush for two minutes twice a day, and floss two minutes twice a day too. Then the tongue gets cleaned, and the mouthwash gargled so thats about another two minutes...soft toothbrush, non abrasive toothpaste.

Surely thats not too much? I am exceedingly minty fresh you know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DefenseSoapEire

Kotick wrote: »
    Honestly I just prefer them to shower and shower properly. None of this standing in the hot water and doing a quick wash crap. Get into crevices and wash them with soap. Please. And I mean EVERY crevice (anywhere that bends, contains a gap or folds over... clean it).

Its amazing how many people don't wash their feet properly, if everyone just washed themselves properly there would be a whole lot of infections (and smells) that we would never have to worry about. I've started to notice pharmacies these days have a lot more athletes foot creams and powders. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DefenseSoapEire

Dragan wrote: »

Excessive brushing can lead to gum problems too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Katie23

White teeth and fresh breath.

Advertisement