Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday

Options
  • 23-09-2008 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow boardies:D
    Today is my birthday but not looking for well wishes (presents) or such (but if you really want to pm me:)).
    Just wondering if you could share some nice memories.

What was your best birthday?
    Best present?

Mine, I had a brill 21st, but can remember my 10th. All the kids from the neighbourhood converged on my back garden, which was quite large - it had swings and large grass area to play skipping on. My mam made a cake decorated like a beach, complete with little people and umberella's.

Best present was for 21st, flights to NY. I got them 2 weeks after 11st Sept 2001 - thanks mam:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

21st - trip to vegas ohhhhh yeaahhhhhh :pac:

Also got a pictute of the beatles in dublin airport from 1963, they were just wee babbys at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

21st for me as well.

Missus brought me to the City of Manchester Stadium to see City beat Villa in the FA Cup. Then I had a monster party upstairs in the local with all my school, college and football mates. Well over 100 people at it. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

21st the lads organised a stripper. I hate birthdays because i hate attention on myself so of course that made it all the better for the lads. Jesus i was stripped down to just a pair of socks being carried around the pub with yer wan slapping the spotty arse off me. Christ it was cold that night too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

10th for me too, first trip to Old Trafford. United werent the greatest team in the world back then but I loved them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

LouOB wrote: »
    Today is my birthday but not looking for well wishes (presents) or such (but if you really want to pm me:)).
    Just wondering if you could share some nice memories.

What was your best birthday?
    Best present?

Mine, I had a brill 21st, but can remember my 10th. All the kids from the neighbourhood converged on my back garden, which was quite large - it had swings and large grass area to play skipping on. My mam made a cake decorated like a beach, complete with little people and umberella's.

Best present was for 21st, flights to NY. I got them 2 weeks after 11st Sept 2001 - thanks mam:P

You're like one of those annoying people in the office who drop 'subtle' hints that their birthday is coming up... Then the even more annoying fools in the office go out and get a card and send out annoying emails saying "Ooooh it's LouOB's birthday and we got a card ... give us a few bob to put in it .. go on! "

Then they give you the card and you act all surprised, while secretly wanting to get away to the jacks as soon as possible to count your bleedin money ........... That i worked for, in the same sh1thole as you !!!!!!!!!

Oh, Happy Birthday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Oh, Happy Birthday...

tinternet...terious tusiness

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

For my 27th Mrs 6th waited a couple of weeks and gave me my beautiful daughter, for my 30th last year she gave me my handsome little bundle of trouble, 6th junior - couple of days before my birthday. Cheers ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don't forget to wear your birthday suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

17th, woke up in a field 2 miles from anywhere not able to remember the night I had before and missing my socks (but not my shoes) clothes soaked in what i'm still praying was water. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

that would be my 0th Birthday when I got the best gift of all: the gift of life

/sentimental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The Bollox wrote: »
    that would be my 0th Birthday when I got the best gift of all: the gift of life

/sentimental

Technically speaking of course, your "0th Birthday" would actually just be your Birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I hate birthdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Today is my birthday

We share the same birthday :) 'tis mine today also. Happy birthday to us !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Technically speaking of course, your "0th Birthday" would actually just be your Birthday.

if you're going into technicalities then it would be my birth day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Todays other Boards birthdays are:

thetrickykid
    Iron Sun
    SavvyFaire
    Spicy Lauren
    Pistachio
    gigetheman
    5euros
    dublinobserver
    Havalina
    meandmypalimmy
    Crosshair
    schiele
    lisacorrigan
    ragdoll
    TheManInBrown
    TeenageRot
    Kiith
    LundiMardi
    LanceStorm
    Funkeh
    FunkyChicken
    Funky
    NG
    SmoochieS
    rasher_b2
    **rainbowcake**
    CrossBreed
    The Lopper

I dont think I know any of them except LundiMardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

6th wrote: »
    For my 27th Mrs 6th waited a couple of weeks and gave me my beautiful daughter, for my 30th last year she gave me my handsome little bundle of trouble, 6th junior - couple of days before my birthday. Cheers ;)

Aw. It's nice to get a surprise.

Why did they even bother being born?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Today is also the 40'th anniversary of Padre Pio's death.
    Strange fact related only to the date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Today is also the 40'th anniversary of Padre Pio's death.
    Strange fact related only to the date :)

Sigmund Freud also died today in 1939 at age 83

How does that make you feel?

o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My nephew is one year old today! So I'm afraid LouOB that your birthday pales into insignificance. :P

I don't have any particular Birthday memroies. As long as I get cake, I'm happy. My 21st will be in December 2010 - that might be somewhat more memorable! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Zangetsu wrote: »
    21st - trip to vegas ohhhhh yeaahhhhhh :pac:

Also got a pictute of the beatles in dublin airport from 1963, they were just wee babbys at this stage :)
    New York? Vegas? Jesus, I had a piss-up with a bunch of mates in The Goat Broke Loose on Grand Parade, Cork :(
    Got jewellery, money and the usual bits n bobs like CDs, clothes, cosmetics, vouchers. All in all, not bad I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

16th birthday I got to do the naughty for the first time.
    21st I managed to surpass 21 drinks and smokes*.
    Most recent birthday I got to spend in Bangkok. It was my last night before returning to ireland for the first time in ten months. So the whole birthday element didnt really come into it for me much, just thinking about what was to come and what had just been.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I didnt even have a 21st :( Well went to turks head with 2 people. In fairness though, I invited no-one and didnt want anything. My most memorable birthday? Fukc, i dont actually have one. Im 27 in December, so it gives the folks in my place plenty of time to save. Saying that, two other girls are each day before mine, so everyone will be skint by the time mine comes around. BAah humbug. 94 days till christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My birthday is in mid December. Around my 18th they thought my grandmother wouldn't survive until Christmas. Fortunately, she pulled through and is still keeping well. I considered that a pretty cool birthday present.

I got a string of pearls for my 21st. I rarely wear them, but they're total luxury and I love them with every materialistic fibre of my body.

I don't see the fascination with birthdays. That doesn't mean I won't be delighted to take the 5 minutes off when they haul my birthday cake out, but our company doesn't do the whole cash-in-a-card thing. Cake and a card though - I'm up for that. Especially chocolate cake. Yum!

One of the girls in work kept dropping hints about her birthday and telling everyone when her birthday was. I'd be embarrassed to do that. I don't understand it, it seems very childish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I had my 21st about a month ago. I'm the last of my friends to turn 21 and everyone was getting a bit bored of the same old parties. I decided to have an 80's themed party to shake it up a bit. Everyone made the effort of coming in costume and that just made the night for me. Best party I ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Jeez... New York, Las Vegas, a field in the back arse of nowhere!

I went to Fibbers for my 21st! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Todays other Boards birthdays are:

thetrickykid
    Iron Sun
    SavvyFaire
    Spicy Lauren
    Pistachio
    gigetheman
    5euros
    dublinobserver
    Havalina
    meandmypalimmy
    Crosshair
    schiele
    lisacorrigan
    ragdoll
    TheManInBrown
    TeenageRot
    Kiith
    LundiMardi
    LanceStorm
    Funkeh
    FunkyChicken
    Funky

NG
    SmoochieS
    rasher_b2
    **rainbowcake**
    CrossBreed
    The Lopper

Hmmm.... triple accounts mayhap?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dudess wrote: »
    New York? Vegas? Jesus, I had a piss-up with a bunch of mates in The Goat Broke Loose on Grand Parade, Cork :(
    Got jewellery, money and the usual bits n bobs like CDs, clothes, cosmetics, vouchers. All in all, not bad I suppose...

Aw I had my first drink as an 18 year old in the Goat Broke Loose! Actually, it was my first drink full stop, and my first time going out to a pub. It was a Blue Wkd. Classy.

Memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'll always remember my 18th,came up to Dublin in the train for a job interview,after a good night on the town .

I was a bit nervous, so tried to squeeze out a relieving fart just outside Heuston.

Didn't work out well,unloaded at least a half cup of beef stew into the new suit and the jocks couldn't contain it. After a valiant attempt to clean up in the jacks at Heuston proceeded to the interview, which was preceded by a group discussion.While waiting for this in the company of about 6 others the stink was perfectly obvious and flooded the room.

I excused myself ,left the room never to return ,bought a cheap pair of trakkies and headed home in total disarray.

Advertisement