Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big development to go down the tubes?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Webbs wrote: »
    So will Rhatigans be winding up all their sites across Galway or just that one?

I think its just this one for now? I know they are still working away on the development in the middle of Oranmore town across from McDonagh's/Thatch pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    so the rumors that rhatigans are gone bust where just hearsay then?

far as i know the prospective main tennant fell through and that led to the short fall in Euros. But they arent gone bust, cost cutting measure, onwards and upwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't live out the Mervue direction, what's the status on the Crowne development? Is there any activity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

far as i know the prospective main tennant fell through and that led to the short fall in Euros. But they arent gone bust, cost cutting measure, onwards and upwards.

I think that was actually the part fronting onto Tuam Road, which is being developed by Stewart, not Rhatigans. Could be wrong though.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't live out the Mervue direction, what's the status on the Crowne development? Is there any activity?

is this just a random thought or trying to drag info from somebody?

• Advertisement

is this just a random thought or trying to drag info from somebody?

I want to know if it's shut or what the story is, provoked by that empty commercial buildings video from yesterday, if you must know..
    Maybe i should've started a new thread.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I want to know if it's shut or what the story is, provoked by that empty commercial buildings video from yesterday, if you must know..
    Maybe i should've started a new thread.

not that i must know, but as i stated before there seems to be a culture of almost glee to see developers having tough times.

to answer your question, place is closing down for 2months anyhow.

not that i must know, but as i stated before there seems to be a culture of almost glee to see developers having tough times.

Thanks, It's closing down and then work is restarting? when?

And yes it's a bit of gleeful on my part to see developers who hoarded landbanks, thereby increasing property prices for the public getting a bit squeezed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

not that i must know, but as i stated before there seems to be a culture of almost glee to see speculators having tough times.

FYP.

Well if it wasnt gleeful i might be more inclined to contribute what i know.

Ive nothing to gain from developers and dont see anything positive out of judging what they did or do, its most probably the nature of the industry they are in, if they dont do it someone else will.
    You could say the same at all levels of society. Personally i think everyone contributes at different levels to the world we live in and people with less to do that speculate about whose gone or going bust need to get a life.
    Its sad to see someone with little else to do that enjoy someone elses misfortune. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Presume Crowne Square is on 'indefinite' hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

dinneenp wrote: »
    Presume Crowne Square is on 'indefinite' hold?

http://yozh.org/images/zombie-thread.pngzombie-thread.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

threadnecromancyjk7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

the-lock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement