Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another school massacre - in Finland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

A gunman has opened fire at a college in western Finland, the country's national broadcaster reports.

YLE quotes police as saying the incident, at a vocational school in the town of Kauhajoki, is ongoing.

Police told YLE and another Finnish news agency they feared several people may have been injured, possibly killed.

Last November a student shot dead eight people at a school in Tuusula. The level of gun ownership in Finland is among the highest in the world.

A BBC correspondent in Finland said a gunman dressed in black was seen at the school, apparently carrying an automatic weapon.

Police ordered an evacuation and called for reinforcements. There were reports of a fire at the site and of at least one injured girl seen leaving the school, our correspondent says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

The country was unaccustomed to deadly shootings

I'm pretty sure the Americans are the only ones accustomed to regular shootings...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mike65 wrote: »
    Early reports sound grim - possibly dozens dead and the school on fire.

Mike.

One girl covered in blood and running = "Dozens of dead"? What news sorcue are you reading..?

BBc - no confirmed fatalities yet.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

"Many may be dead"

Hopefully it's not as bad as it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Jeez these are getting so very frequent it's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yeah hopefully everthing isnt as bad as it seems. The world is crazy and sh'itty place at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

5..., 4..., 3..., 2...,
    Count-Down to it been blamed on the kid been a Goth's, listening to Metal Music and playing violent Video Game....

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    5..., 4..., 3..., 2...,
    Count-Down to it been blamed on the kid been a Goth's, listening to Metal Music and playing violent Video Game....

Apparently he posted videos on You Tube.
    Cue idiot parents "Ban You Tube, it caused our son to kill people"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Has anyone tried to play his YouTube videos backwards? 0_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I know, I know - these damn liberals and their guns....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

well,youtube comments make me fairly growly... Hope everything is being blown out of proportion,these school shootings are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    5..., 4..., 3..., 2...,

They've gotta blame something and metal music, video games etc are easy targets and a hell of a lot easier than examining the warped values of society in general.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm pretty sure the Americans are the only ones accustomed to regular shootings...
    Not according to Herr Dr Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I blame Marilyn Manson Lordi and Doom GTA for this.

Goths and video games will destroy us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Ah, It's already started:
    BBC News wrote:

A BBC correspondent in Finland said a gunman dressed in black was seen at the
    school, apparently carrying an automatic weapon.

Hmmm, and ~6 paragraphs down:
    BBC News wrote:

A man with a ski mask was seen entering the building with a large bag, YLE reported. Soon after, the worker heard shots fired.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7630969.stm

I think it's time be ban all skiing in real life and virtual.... WII SPORTS is to BLAME?!?!?! I know it was EVIL..... If he had just played GTA or Postal the world would be a better place.....
    anti-venom wrote: »
    They've gotta blame something and metal music, video games etc are easy targets and a hell of a lot easier than examining the warped values of society in general.

I blame this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pat Kennys show talking to someone in Finland right now, "more dead than wounded" as lots of head shots apparently.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I blame all the cold weather and long nitghts they get over there. Depresses people it does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

accordingly to Finnish media three people are dead, the person who did all this is live but has a bullet wound in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

itarumaa wrote: »
    accordingly to Finnish media three people are dead, the person who did all this is live but has a bullet wound in the head.
    If he did it himself he's not goign to be pleased when he wakes up in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

mike65 wrote: »
    Pat Kennys show talking to someone in Finland right now, "more dead than wounded" as lots of head shots apparently.

Mike.

I blame Counter Strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I blame Counter Strike.

I blame FPS Doug!

I checked out his goodbye vids on youtube. Just some gimp firing a gun and waving. The other vid was him firing at a camera on the ground and saying you're next. Sinister looking gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Norwegian news says 9 dead and the shooter either killed himself or was shot by police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I blame FPS Doug!

I checked out his goodbye vids on youtube. Just some gimp firing a gun and waving. The other vid was him firing at a camera on the ground and saying you're next. Sinister looking gimp.

Any Of him saying "Boooooooooooooooom Head Shot you noob!!"

Cos then it was defo a Counter Strike related incident. They can get quite sensitive playing that game.

/Wall Hack FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When I was at school, I often prayed that some of my teachers would get shot, but there was more respect then, so they only used to get hit on the head with a lead pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Overflow wrote: »
    Norwegian news says 9 dead and the shooter either killed himself or was shot by police.

isn't he arrested and in hospital?

Advertisement