Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Mary Harney resign?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

Of course Mary Harney should resign... but to resign over haircare would be farcical. Her long overdue resignation should be done in the name of her attempts at managing the Irish health system over the last four years at a time of unprecendent economic growth and failing dismally in that capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Are your standards for what politicans are supposed to be capable of so low that making a speech is something to get excited about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

This post has been deleted.

True. I was at a party last night & two people revelled in plans of walking up and down outside the Dail in a fat suit & Harney mask. Pathetic, childishness. When I brought up the report that shows our health service is actually improving, they stared at me as if I had two heads and muttered that perhaps it would be best not to talk about politics...:rolleyes:

God forbid someone not be taken in by the media's hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The reason she should resign is because she has shown signs of shady dealings, when you look into the much lauded primary care centres that are springing up around the country and the wealthy businessmen that are going to profit then study their links with Harney it looks very dodgy.

Co-location is another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

taconnol wrote: »
    True. I was at a party last night & two people revelled in plans of walking up and down outside the Dail in a fat suit & Harney mask. Pathetic, childishness. When I brought up the report that shows our health service is actually improving, they stared at me as if I had two heads and muttered that perhaps it would be best not to talk about politics...:rolleyes:

God forbid someone not be taken in by the media's hysterics.

The health service is improving but when you take into consideration the increased cost of fee's and health insurance it is not improving enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

I agree that she should never have been appointed. The entire health system is a joke.
    Pharmacies not giving prescriptions to people that need them has to be considered the breaking point.

Also What the heck is going on on their website? http://www.dohc.ie/
    The front page is a complete shambles.
    That stupid speech started blaring the second the page loaded....which may I add took about 10 secs....nearly gave me a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Please don't ressurect thread from last year, if it's worth posting about it's worth starting a new thread. Times have changed a lot in the past 9 months, people's opinions will have changed etc.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement