Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bupa/Quinn Patients being refused at Dublin Maternity Hospitals

• 23-09-2008 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Apparently, most Dublin maternity hospitals are now turning away Bupa/Quinn Patients due to ongoing disputes over non-payment. We were told we would have to pay all the fees up front (500+ euro per visit) and then claim back from Bupa/Quinn in the following year.

Previously all fees were paid directly from Bupa/Quinn.

Please investigate your health-care cover. It looks like the Quinn management of Bupa is making a complete mess of things.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

That's feckin disgraceful. And all these years I've been telling myself to leave VHI. Phew!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you get on to Quinn to find out the situation?
    That is crazy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

rs wrote: »
    Apparently, most Dublin maternity hospitals are now turning away Bupa/Quinn Patients due to ongoing disputes over non-payment. We were told we would have to pay all the fees up front (500+ euro per visit) and then claim back from Bupa/Quinn in the following year.

Previously all fees were paid directly from Bupa/Quinn.

Please investigate your health-care cover. It looks like the Quinn management of Bupa is making a complete mess of things.

what hospital ? you semi -private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Grawns wrote: »
    That's feckin disgraceful. And all these years I've been telling myself to leave VHI. Phew!

Ditto - I thought next year would be the year, I'm reconsidering now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Which fee? Is it the consultant fees or the actual birth and accommodation fee? Because it would be fairly standard to pay your consultancy pre-natal fees up front and claim back from the provider at the end of the policy year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Deer wrote: »
    Which fee? Is it the consultant fees or the actual birth and accommodation fee? Because it would be fairly standard to pay your consultancy pre-natal fees up front and claim back from the provider at the end of the policy year.

2 Kids on VHI Plan B and no fees had to be paid bar a few quid for the initial ultrasound scan. One of them was in special care for 3 weeks too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Had my babs in April and had no probs with the bills being paid. I'm based in Limerick though.
    I'd heard that the consultants were having problems getting paid if they didn't attend the birth. The consultant is paid the fees for seeing him in his rooms by the patient but the health insurance pays for the work they do in the hospital. I was phoned by Quinn to ask if the consultant attended the birth. He had but if he hadn't i'm sure there would have been a problem with the payment. It's hard to feel sorry for them because they are looking to be paid for a job they haven't done but then what happens if they refuse to see patients from a specific insurer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

We have a health care scheme specific to my husband's job, but we have to pay all fees upfront first and then claim them back.

I'm going private in Mt. Carmel so we will have to pay the guts of €9k.

Everything bar €1500 is covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Sounds like a fantastic scheme. Am jealous :o

Advertisement