Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiggle delivery charge

Options
  • 23-09-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

I ordered a bike from wiggle yesterday. when paying for the bike the web site stated that i was entitled to free delivery and stated the cost of delivery to be "0.00". so i completed the order. i later went back to check the status of my order and it said there was a charge of £19.99! has anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

as far as i know (and i ordered a bike a few months back) the free delivery isn't applicable to bikes. any other orders over £50 is free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

I ordered a bike from wiggle yesterday. when paying for the bike the web site stated that i was entitled to free delivery and stated the cost of delivery to be "0.00". so i completed the order. i later went back to check the status of my order and it said there was a charge of £19.99! has anyone had a similar experience?

I've ordered 2 bikes from Wiggle in the space of a year, had a delivery charge on both, give them a call or mail, they generally come back pretty speedily.! Free delivery only applies to gear under 50-70 quid I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

well im not in a rush for the bike so im willing to wait. i did email them and they got back to me saying:
    "Thank you for your email.

Im afraid that as stated in the bike delivery information pager, the cost of delivering bikes to Ireland is £19.99. I have copied a link to this page below for you.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/Option/BikeDelivery "

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

IMO £20 is a bargain for shipping a bike from the UK. Ringing around yesterday, most normal bike shops were quoting £60-£90.

i know, im being a tight ar*e but i was already at the top of my budget and more importantly, i didnt agree to any retrospective charges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Lumen wrote: »
    IMO £20 is a bargain for shipping a bike from the UK. Ringing around yesterday, most normal bike shops were quoting £60-£90.

Agreed, wiggle provide a cracking service and the gear arrives perfectly packed.
    Then again if you haven't budgeted for it, it can be a bit of a pisser. And I agree, the free delivery banner on the site can be a bit misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Also to watch out is the "fast delivery" option -it's ticked by default, which has caught me out a couple of times... means my kit arrives fast though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Wiggle charge £20 to deliver a bike but it arrives perfectly set up; many bikes from the internet require a lot of self-assembly.

Wiggle deliver everything else free to Ireland, there is no £50 minimum any more. You can buy something for under £1 and have it delivered free.

However as you get an extra 10% of stuff under £50 in a basket over £50 I am often compelled to stick it up over £50 in any case.

ok so i got a phone number for wiggle and called them up and explained. they said they would look into it. i just checked my order status now and the £19.99 delivery is no longer there and the order has been processed.
    as a point to note, they were very helpful and easy to deal with and ,given nothing goes wrong with the delivery, i would deal with them again.

Advertisement