Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we change server (after the cloning)

Options
  • 23-09-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

With the server cloning coming, should we change to it or let loads of others go and we stay put hoping for playability of our server to return?

If you have no idea what i'm talking about check out this thread

poll incoming :pac:

Should we change server after the cloning? 30 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    26%
    DeVoreDa BouncaMantelDrakarDcullynetmanb0bsquishWreck 8 votes
    More Blood for the Atari Jaguar God!
    73%
    NemesiszekieljaggehTuskyDapperGentMac daddyKiithCryosThE_IVIAcIVIAIVhumanjiR0otVikingsTyrant^bubonicusm5ex9oqjawdg2iKingLoserFrisbeedeath1234567Nehaxakwhatduck 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i think we should stay. alot of people will leave so why should we leave when the original server will have no queues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I'm not in your guild, not even on Destruction side for that matter but I voted no as I want to (hopefully!) enjoy killing people I recognise as the game goes on.

I would've rolled Destruction though honestly and asked to join your guild if it weren't for the rediculous queue's. I would lose interest if I had to queue for any longer than ten minutes. Noticing queues on Order side now too though and it doesn't impress me much at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I'm not in your guild, not even on Destruction side for that matter but I voted no as I want to (hopefully!) enjoy killing people I recognise as the game goes on.

I would've rolled Destruction though honestly and asked to join your guild if it weren't for the rediculous queue's. I would lose interest if I had to queue for any longer than ten minutes. Noticing queues on Order side now too though and it doesn't impress me much at all :(

I'd hope all the order lads follow the same as the majority of the guild decide as we enjoy attacking you lads as much as you do us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I went for the Atari Jaguar option: I suggest we wait a day or so and see what happens to the queues, then decide.

Fremen wrote: »
    I went for the Atari Jaguar option: I suggest we wait a day or so and see what happens to the queues, then decide.

The clone is being done tomorrow, personally I have no problem waiting a day and seeing if it makes any difference, but I can guess a few people don't want to lose a day of XP/Renown gaining. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I vote to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i say stay. the characters will be available if we want to move later, yes i know the will still be at the lvl they are tomorrow but it is still better then rolling a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Stay... its too much clicking for me

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Stay.

• Advertisement

Well it would appear we are staying put. It'll be about Saturday/Sunday before we notice a change in queues that's giving time to people that only get the weekend to play or just haven't heard the news yet to make up move or not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Hopefully they queues are gone by friday so I can join you guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No
    I got fed up with the queues on azgal so i rolled order on there instead with a few lads from dark keep.
    Up to now ive been messing around with chars but now am ready to settle on one or maybe two :)
    Now that the queues may be gone or lowered i think ill delete my order toons and roll destruction again :) time to settle on a server me thinks :)
    I do have other destructions on eight peaks but i just dont know the guys in the guild there.
    Ill ask for an invite on ventrilo later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

I voted AJ and reckon you should rerun this poll a week after the cloning has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm intending to use this period to try out different characters on what ever has the lowest wait, then once it looks like the servers have settled down I'll decide where I'm staying.

Betrayed ! Cully don't join the forces of eeeeeeevil... at least until we pick our destruction server :p

We should have a competition, how many times will cully delete his toons, swap sides, level, delete toons, swapo changeo, repeat...

No
    I voted AJ and reckon you should rerun this poll a week after the cloning has happened.

I didnt vote but would like to move pureply so i can keep my 4 order chars [if keeping them is possible]

LOL Rev its impossible how many toons or times deleted,swapped etc.

Im always the same with MMOs,usually takes me weeks to settle on a home,a faction and even longer on a main or three :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Much like myself then, I've deleted all my Order characters last night and rerolled Destruction. What sealed it for me though was the pure defeatest attitude in the Scenarios from Orders players, time after time just standing around and not even trying, saying it's because Destruction rule the server yada yada.
    That plus I want to try out the Shaman and Black Orc :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No
    The queues are forcing me to play on a different server at the moment but I have a toon on the 8P server at level 4. I play order on a different server and we are massively out numbered.... which is great! Scenarios take 10 minutes to get into and you can pretty much chain them. ok, our towns get attacked alot but thats actually kinda fun because dying isnt much of a problem! Nothing better then defending a keep and getting RP up the yazoo for it :)

On Topic: I think we should move because most people will stay I think, but meh... I'd also give it a few days and see.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Surely the best bet would be to wait a few days but continue playing on the servers your still on.
    And if everyone has the same idea and decides to stay then in a few days get everyone to move to the new server.
    Getting the better server in the long run is surely more beneficial than the 50/50 chance of missing out on a few days of levelling...

its peak time on servers now, theres queues on peaks but not on the guilds server azgal, so get moving guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

No
    Looks like the everyone thought the same as us and didnt move, queues are just as bad as ever. And the cloned server has a low/med rate, any sign of them increasing the server cap?

queues were max at 10 mins yesterday , much better than 1 hour!it will sort itself don't you worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I delted my level 34 order characters..both of them on Azgal and now have a Marauder called Spartacus and his wife Varinia a Zealot. (2 a/c's)

Looking forward to playing with some old Boardsies..or at least having a chat.

Will try and joing guild ASAP.

Nemesis

No
    I delted my level 34 order characters..both of them on Azgal and now have a Marauder called Spartacus and his wife Varinia a Zealot. (2 a/c's)

Looking forward to playing with some old Boardsies..or at least having a chat.

Will try and joing guild ASAP.

Nemesis

Remember your deleted chars are still on the cloned server.
    Ive deleted my order chars too but shall play them at some stage on their new home :)

Ive rolled a zealot [Cully],shaman [Cullzor] and Black Orc [Cullorc] on Azgal,awesome thought went into them names i must say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Well it was really a level 14 IB and a level 7 RP I deleted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Just rolled a goblin shammy (Squabble) on Azgal so im hoping you guys stick around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

No
    35 minute queue now. Sucks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

queues'll die down *rocks back and forth* queues'll die down *rocks back and forth* queues'll die down *gibber*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

No
    Queue was 1hr 50 today btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Was over 2 hours for me. Gave up.

Advertisement