Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we change server (after the cloning)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

More Blood for the Atari Jaguar God!
    Looks like the new system is making a balls of the queue's. I imagine it will all be resolved soon and we'll be "queue-less".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

No
    The only way it gets resolved is
    1) if less people play on the server
    2) they increase the server limits
    3) we move to cloned server

We might just be stuck with it now tbh as 1) although people are getting peed off with server queues, Im sure some new people are still joining the full servers to be with friends etc, 2) we don't know if/when they will be able to increase the server limits, and 3) people will just give out about losing levels if we moved to cloned server.

I did notice my queue said 2hrs but it actually completed in 1hr so maybe its not as bad as it looks, but still.

The queue times did increase after the last patch, but as mentioned above thats because of the change to if people get kicked they jump to the front of the queue, thats not something they are going to "fix", it's fairer to everyone in the long run (getting pushed to the back of the queue when your client crashes is teh suck as those crazy kids say).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

No
    Sorry lads, but this is crazy. It might be ok for people able to play at off peak, but I'm not willing to put up with 90 minute queues when I get in from work. So I'm off, won't be playing on Karak Azgal anymore. Good luck with the guild, do boards proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

They really need to allow more players on the servers/upgrade servers/whatever as this is getting rediculous :(

In from work at 8pm and got a queue of over an hour ? Nah and I cba rerolling midweek on another server either so I just quit out of it and will watch some football instead :)

This single issue though could be the games killer in it's first month. There's not an awful lot of people around that could put up with this when they're trying to get to grips with the game and I'm sure will put a big dent in subscriptions or even with people thinking about subscribing to the game after their first month is up.

I like the game though but if the queues keep up like this then I'm not going to bother playing on the European WaR anymore and will just get the US version instead where at least it's not GOA and Mythic will do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

MAYBE ... If they clone them again people will actually move this time hah

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think what happened is that a fair amount of people moved to the cloned servers, realised that there was no one there, then came back. Can they not just up the number of order that are allowed in the servers, while keeping the same number of destruction?

As it is i will have an off-peak and an peak time realm. Like above, i'm not waiting 1hr+ to login after a 12 hour shift in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

When you guys get home from college/work do you go straight to the PC to play WAR?.

Join the Q and use that hour to walk the dog..make dinner..talk to wife ..help kids with homework..put kids to bed..open a Guinness...watch the Footie..read some WAR forums..read Boards...post about the bad Q's.

I know If I was single I'd play the minute I got home though...but I aint :P.

In my circumstances the Q doesnt bother me in the least as it indicates there are plenty of players to kill and do PQ's with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

^^ Yep, soon as I come in now in the evenings I've logged in to WaR and joined the queue. Sorted homework with kids, made or ate the dinner, watched some TV or whatever :) but by that time it's like 9.30pm or so and I'm still in the queue and sure I've lost interest at that stage or got stuck into a film on the satellite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

No
    Guy I know gets his wife to queue him up as he heads home. More people need wives like that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be online in about 28 minutes :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement