Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structuring My Training

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Raam wrote: »
    What about the iBike? http://www.ibikesports.com/
    Are they as good as a powertap set up?
    Never used one, but most of the reviews I've read have not been positive (Google will throw them up). Supposedly very fiddly to setup and even then are not very accurate. Here is an interesting poll on a popular powermeter forum.

Edit: There seems to be a newer version of the iBike out. You'll need to google for reviews though.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

I'd always recommend Bike Racing 101, link below, to beginner racers in my club. First part is very basic - equipment, clothing, signing on for your first race, (How to put your race number on!) and based on the U.S. as the authors are american.

The book is very good for beginner racing cyclists though. With training ideas, how to build strength and endurance, power and speed, chapters on climbing, sprinting, cornering, descending, time trialing and race tactics etc.

A very good first book before you go to more serious cycling training and riding the RAS etc!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bike-Racing-101-Kendra-Wenzel/dp/0736044744/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222186232&sr=1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

peadar
    if you fancy it scribble down your goals for racing next year, your experience level etc in a private message to me. if i can ill give you some guidelines for this time of year.
    anyone else new to racing can do they same if they wish im not trying to sell myself here so im not going to start including my qualifications but im speaking from experience and a scientific background

Advertisement