Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water diffuser /aerator for tap

Options
  • 23-09-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi All,

The water diffuser (aerator?) for my kitchen tap has broken. This is an insert which screws into the nozzle of the tap and streams the water (see the top one in this image ..

THOMASWATERDIFFUSERS.jpg

Does anybody know where I can buy new ones? I have tried local plumbing & hardware stores with no joy.

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Hi Ed,

Do you know what make the tap is, most manufacturers supply parts as spares so if you knew brand I could do some digging for you.

Regards
    Builditwell

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Thanks Builditwell,

I couldn't see a munufacturers name on it but it looks fairly generic (it's about 23mm in diameter and it fits into my bathroom sink tap which looks exactly like this : http://www.remer.biz/inglese/prodotti_zoom.asp?cod=83)

I've also taken a pretty crappy picture, attached.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Hi Ed

I checked with my local supplier today but to no avail, I have gotten replacment washers ceramic discs, copper tails and even cartridge parts for various taps but am out of luck with aerators. Next option is i suppose a trip to a retailer and bring old one with you and maybe see if differfent manufacturers are the same, sorry i cant do more for you.

Regards
    Builditwell

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

No worries, thanks for your help.

Ed

Advertisement