Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Castle Weekend October the 18th and 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

And staying off the motorway I should hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I reckon I'll hit the train with yourself Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Hi, sorry about very short notice but myself and Bui will have to let our places go.

Really sorry guys, hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

due to unavoidable circumstances, i'll have to let go my place as well :(. so sorry for late notice, i hope it goes well with the rest off u...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm out too I'm afraid. I sent Sezby a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

So Fear and Loathing won't happen? And I was looking forward to it soo much. Dooh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Well it looks like we have 4 places free now.
    Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I'll be driving down on Sat morning from the Ashtown/Navan Rd direction. One way lift available if it suits. Can't offer a return lift as I won't be going directly back to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

I'll be driving up through Limerick > Nenagh > Birr with plenty of room if anyone from this neck of the woods would like a lift.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm driving up from Kilkenny if anyone wants a lift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'll also be driving from Piltown Via Kilkenny if anyone would like a lift

Ok this may be my final mail before we all head down.
    it's just a reminder of the details in the original post.

There will be fee as the castle is a registered charity of 20 Euro this goes to the upkeep of the castle. All all attendees will be required to register their details before arriving and a web form has been created to facilitate this.

http://www.sebastiandooris.com/events/reg-castle.php

Please submit your details ASAP as this will be considered your confirmation.

Charleville Castle, Tullamore, County Offaly

Wiki Info
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleville_Forest_Castle

Things to bring
    - Raingear just in case
    - Heavy jacket as it gets quite cold.
    - Good warm pair of gloves
    - Pen and paper.
    - Sleeping bag.
    - Ground mat if you have one.
    - Good torch/flashlight and spare battery’s.
    - Fully charged batteries for your camera as the status of electricity is re-evaluated every 15 minutes within the castle.
    - Food and drink for both days. there will be a LIDL and Dunnes open just a short drive/walk away. you will have use of the castle kitchen for cooking.

Ok the rough plan is

Saturday
    - We will all be meeting up outside the castle at 11:00AM Saturday the 18th. A member of the castle staff will be there and everyone is required to sign in before having access tot he castle. If you cant make it for 11 tell me before hand.

- Tour of the castle and grounds.
    - Exploring the castle and grounds.
    - Late night tour of castle and grounds/forest
    - Social gathering in the castle before heading to sleep.

Sunday
    - Sunday will be for exploring the castle and grounds and any other activity's we dream up.
    - Depart back home around 6:00 PM

At the time of writing this mail we have 4 places free so it's not too late to join us

Attending_castle_2008.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

anyone mind a total novice ? and i do mean total noob if i can get the time off work ? should be able to know by tomorrow if i can get off work and im from tullamore :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

elexes wrote: »
    anyone mind a total novice ? and i do mean total noob if i can get the time off work ? should be able to know by tomorrow if i can get off work and im from tullamore :)

everyone's welcome in fairness, everyone learns something at these events

How is the kitchen equipped? Well or poorly? I am thinking about a little feast...

ThOnda wrote: »
    How is the kitchen equipped? Well or poorly? I am thinking about a little feast...

I was thinking the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

There is a fridge, kettle and definately a grill from what I can remember from last year.

What are yous thinking of cooking????

ThOnda wrote: »

ok I dont have a picture so imagine this
    - large fridge
    - Sinks
    - very large gas cooker/stove with 8 hot plates
    - Toaster
    - large grill
    - Microwave
    - Huge posts and pans
    - many baking trays

I would recommend you bring things such as sauces and tinfoil

I am thinking about processing lots of potatoes :-) And some meat, of course.
    Frying pans are there, that's good. I'll bring one just in case. I might need help to grind spuds. And to peel them! Volunteers welcomed.

I'll help as long as your cooking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Might as well offer a lift too.

I'm travelling from Balbriggan. Conditions for entering my car: 1. You must not be allergic to dog hair 2. You will need a gas mask for the dog smell :D (it's not that bad but just a heads up)

Thank you with offers. I will use you!
    And thanks to M&S deals, I have few bottles of wine left. It's looking better and better!
    And yes, I should bring my camera as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Hi Seb,

Would you mind if I stepped in to take one of the free places ?

I was always bursting to go on this trip but when I checked last
    time there were 4 waiting, now there are 4 free !! :)

Shiny wrote: »
    Hi Seb,

Would you mind if I stepped in to take one of the free places ?

I was always bursting to go on this trip but when I checked last
    time there were 4 waiting, now there are 4 free !! :)

Yep cool do the whole registration thing and your booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I've no problems cooking, and love to give a hand out. So are we on for medium rare steaks or chicken pesto and bacon wraps or bangers and mash :D

As for the vino. Brought home a load from France early in the year but opened the last bottle last night :(, so it'll have to be a trip the offo.

Once again a lift is on offer for anyone who is around the trim, kinegead direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Sebzy wrote: »
    Yep cool do the whole registration thing and your booked.

Done. :)

Important
    Hi guys

Can I remind you all that your contact detals need to be correct otherwise you willl not be given access to the castle grounds. These details have been requested by the castle managment and their are no exceptions.

Going to be going through each one soon to double check.

Seb.

I was down in Tullamore today having a cuppa with the Gardai. According to a couple of local female guards the place is ment to be haunted. What film type would you recommend to bring to capture these supernatural beings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lol, did you not know it was haunted?

That's half the fun :pac:

Any good looking female Gardai we can call if there's any... erm... incidents? :D

Oh, and to make sure I get some out-of-this-world photos, I'm bringing this:
    322509926_81df9111ef.jpg

And this:
    151566.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Any good looking female Gardai we can call if there's any... erm... incidents? :D
    :D

I give any good looking female Gardai a hand to check out the disturbances :D however the two I was taking to today told me they'd rather go to Limerick :P

Advertisement