Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Castle Weekend October the 18th and 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Dang. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Afraid I have to pull out Sebzy. My better half has just dropped a lttle bundle of joy nearly a month early! Have fun everyone.

Ah, congrats Killbill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Congratulations. We will celebrate for you ;)

Well, I am thinking about one my home dish of poor people - it is from potatoes. Like a pancakes. But from potatoes and not sweet. And they could be filled with anything nice, from vegetable to chicken, rashers, cheese...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Afraid I have to pull out Sebzy. My better half has just dropped a lttle bundle of joy nearly a month early! Have fun everyone.

Congratz on the baby. Sorry you wont make it.

Sounds fantastic V!

Cheese 'n Rashers in it would do the trick, I'm sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Well done to the both of you. Hope both the better half and babs are well. Sorry to loose you, but hay now you've got something even nore interesting than an old castle and ghosts to photograph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks everyone. They're both doing fine. Have a great weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

ok I think this will be my last notice

I have to send the final list of people attending to the castle rep by lunch time tomorrow. So if those free spaces are not filled they will go unused.

Cant add anyone to the list once it is sent.

Thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Sorry for the late notice... I'll be driving up! Live round Dundrum but don't mind going in to town to pick people up? I've got 3 spaces...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

cant go . cant get a babysitter for the day :(
    if ye need anything on the day id be glad to try my best to help. or if ye need stuff brought out in the evening thats ok also.

if somone wants to pm me for my contact details to save

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I will be heading up with ThOnda very early on Saturday morning.

Anyone have any items that they would recommend bringing that isn't
    on the list that Sebzy supplied ?

I was thinking maybe a small espresso maker and candles (allowed in castle?).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Personal entertainment?

For lads...their right hand (or left!) :pac:

Nah.. eh, maybe bring a laptop or something incase you want to offload pics / do a bit of small editing / watch a fillum / etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

This more or a roadwatch notice than anything else if anyone is travelling through or near Durrow the international Hurling/Shinty championship (U21) is taking place on Saturday at 12noon traffic will probably be building up from about 10ish I'd say.

The Senior squad is playing in Nolan park

Ouch - charge batteries for my flash!!! I forgot about it yesterday...

Oh!

Forgot about that.

Faaaaantastic!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ThOnda wrote: »
    Ouch - charge batteries for my flash!!! I forgot about it yesterday...

Remembered to charge all my stuff lastnight, all ready to roll now :)

I'll bring my cactus and photo-cell, so if somebody is going to use more flash units, we can arrange something on site.

I am heading to shops on my way there, what tea shall I buy? Is Barrys OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

is it one of "those" cactus plants????? :P

thats sorta a long ago "in" joke

i'll explain tomorrow!! :)

i'm just in the door but i'll go to tescos soon,
    how many are going? 18 or so
    i'll get bread/butter (3/4 loaves) ? some cold meat (ham and turkey) maybe and some lettuce and tomatoes/onion, eggs someone else bring something different so!! that should do the mid day

Oh and bring your own booze!! i'll be bringing beer - wine is way too dear now! :rolleyes:

I'll have two speedlights with me so we could set up something fun

I have one extra safari bed that someone can use.

does anyone need a lift from the railway station? let us know!!!

laters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

What is the story with cutlery there ?

ie plates, cups, knives etc ??

yeah theres' lots of plates and cups and stuff - you'll be ok for that and cooking utensils too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

It looks as if I'm going to have to give this a miss, just my luck the the first decent opportunity to get some work done arrives when I want a day off.:rolleyes:

I'm close enough to head down later if something happens (rain), so maybe all is not lost, I'll put my stuff on charge just in case.

Enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I've a mains converter in the car if anybody's stuck for a charge. I'm looking forward to a bit of decent photography in a while, so I'm bringing my OM10 and some Ilford for the fun of it.

I'll throw the coffee grinder into the car along with an espresso machine to help with the coffee on sunday morning :D. It works well for overindulgance !!

I'll pick up the milk 'n bickies and a coupla other bit's n bobs on the way through.

See ya all there

ok good plan on the coffee

:)

i've got the makings of a salad (sandwiches) at least so no bother we wont starve!!!

cya all later!!!

On the train at the moment with Seb, got very drunk last night, so dying of a hangover...

Forgot to charge phone and stuff.

See you all in a bit.

Sitting at the bottom of the grand stairs now, all arrived safe and sound, and Buzz did indeed bring along his expresso machine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

good luck to all of you intrepid explorers ! have a blast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Bui

Sickened you're all down there, looking forward to seeing what you all produce! Hope its going well!

Advertisement