Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOREVER LIVING

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I m not even sure that this is the right forum for this message but would be interested to know what if anyone has had any dealings with this company, I was co erced into attending a meeting with a 'friend' and since then have felt bullied and intimidated by them. All they seem to be interested in doing is getting you to sign up other friends and aquaintances to sell, so they can make money out of you. The more people you sign up and the more people they sign up going on and on down the line, the more the man/woman at the top makes. Its not pyramid selling but would say very close to the mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Cindy1 wrote: »
    Its not pyramid selling
    It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cindy1

I actually agree with you, but try telling that to a room full of money grabbers!!!

And they have approval from the Direct selling blah blah corp which apparently proves that its not pyramid selling!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I presume this is the crowd you're talking about.

Anyway moved from Investments & Markets. Not sure if this is the right place for it so it's up to the mods to decide what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I think, technically, in Pyramid selling you have to actually make a financial contribution without receiving any goods in return, in that case this would not be Pyramid selling. Why not have a chat with the local Gardai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

My genuine opinion on this crowd is as follows:

My other half has been with them for a couple of years. It is not "pyramid selling" however it seems very close to it. I believe the correct term they use is network marketing/selling and this would describe it aptly.

My other half has made quite a few quid from this as well as any freinds they have introduced to Forever Living. Any of her friends who showed no interest were left alone and any who did show interest were supported as best she could.

Given the "targets" set out for different levels some sellers do pressure friends / colleagues and it is REALLY bad form IMO. These types of sellers are the bad one (and sorry to say OP it sounds like your friend is one of the bad ones if she had to "co-erce you")

There are some sellers or "distributors" as they call them making an absolute small fortune from this for the last few years and it is sustainable. However not suprisingly these sellers are usually very professional and have a good solid business approach to it.

As an aside it also helped my other halfs feeling of self esteem and self worth with their workshops no end and for that I'd alone recommend them :)
    bmaxi wrote: »
    I think, technically, in Pyramid selling you have to actually make a financial contribution without receiving any goods in return, in that case this would not be Pyramid selling. Why not have a chat with the local Gardai.

You are 100% correct and not once when my OH joined was she asked , pressured etc for any money up front for anything. Any cash she paid was for stock for selling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement