Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone? Hubcaps for a Volvo?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere I might get a set of 15" OEM hubcaps for a Volvo? I'm looking for proper Volvo ones, not spurious ones.

Volvo want €120 plus VAT for a set of 4.

Know anywhere else worth looking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere I might get a set of 15" OEM hubcaps for a Volvo? I'm looking for proper Volvo ones, not spurious ones.

Volvo want €120 plus VAT for a set of 4.

I have a single one - for an S40 I think. Not much, but a start I suppose! You could have it as a spare if you did find a set or somehow found someone else who was missing one from a set.

A tip: The Honda Accord hubcaps from around 1994 to 1999 are the same fitment (I'm talking about the bolt holes which the wheel bolts go through in particular.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I have 3 scruffy ones from a V40 - you're welcome to them if you are in the athlone area anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

There is a guy located near the Silver Tassie in Loughlinstown that sells/exchanges hub caps, he might be worth a look. Can't remember the name of the place, but if you are coming from Bray on the N11, he is just after the Cherrywood roundabout on the left hand side as you head towards the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

120 is nuts!

I mean that's nearly half way to getting a set of Volvo alloys from some online distributor!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Gil_Dub wrote: »

Up in Northern Ireland.
    I was once quoted €45 for a hubcap for a Toyota by a Toyota dealer here - I got it for £15 up in Belfast the next time I was up there.

• Advertisement

There is a guy located near the Silver Tassie in Loughlinstown that sells/exchanges hub caps, he might be worth a look. Can't remember the name of the place, but if you are coming from Bray on the N11, he is just after the Cherrywood roundabout on the left hand side as you head towards the city.

I think that place is long gone, closed years ago I think.

However, it looks like between Gyppo and me we could make a full set! I'll post up a pic of mine later to see if it's the same as the ones Gyppo has.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi

what model are the trims for ?.

maybe putting a wanted post in either of the following forums may help :

http://www.rwdvolvos.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=180

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IrishRover wrote: »
    I think that place is long gone, closed years ago I think.
    Nope, it's still there! called the "Swap Shop" or something like that. Opening times can be a bit haphazard though.

Wow, I'm amazed to hear that Alun because I remember years ago I always used to see a wall of hubcaps outside the shop when I travelled by but I never went in there. The one time I needed hubcaps I suddenly thought of that place and went there only there was no sign of the place. There was a garage or some kind of motor business I think at the end of the row of shops there and I asked the guys working there if they knew of a place that sold hubcaps and did it exist any more. They had no clue what I was talking about so based on that I made the assumption that it must be closed a good few years if the people working next door to where it was had never heard of such a place. Any time I go by there now I never see any sign of hubcaps outside that place so the opening times must be very random if it really does still exist.

Anyway, I uploaded pics of the Volvo and Accord hubcaps. They must be made in the same factory because they are very similar and even have similar writing and symbols printed on the reverse.

Advertisement