Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo 1.0 Base or Peugeot 206 1.1 LX

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can someone please tell me which would be better to buy. The Polo is 00 reg and the 206 is 01, I cant decide which is the better option and better value for money!! any help would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

polo definately no questions, stay away from french cars although the 206 was one of the better ones, they will leak oil suspension bushes will go, and spurious parts are a nightmare to get the right ones and genuine ones are not cheap sometimes, the polo is a bigger seller, safety in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Test drive both cars and see which one you like the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Neither is what i would call "nippy" but the polo is the one i would go for.The 206 isnt all that reliable....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What's the price of the two?
    Personally, i'd go with neither! Polos are generally over priced for what they are, and the peugs suffer from lots of problems with electronics, i believe the central locking is known to fail on them.
    Skoda fabia.
    Ford fiesta
    Would be my choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VWs these days are hardly a rock of reliability either, saying that the Polo is generally one of their more trouble free models.

You will find it hard to get a Polo with the standard spec of the 206 though. The peddles on the 206 are also a common pet hate, being positioned too close to each other making it uncomfortable for certain drivers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

bazz26 wrote: »
    The pedals on the 206 are also a common pet hate, being positioned too close to each other making it uncomfortable for certain drivers..

Oh I'd forgotten about them> I drove one for a week and found it horrendous - and my feet are not that big!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

When the Polo says base, it means you get nothing! Great engine, and it's a sturdy car, I'd personally go for the 206, more extras and it's a more desirable car. They have some minor issues with Rocker Cover Gasket seal leaking - a few Euro on parts and 20 minutes to replace. Some have been known to have massive electrical faults (like any French cars!).

You think the Peugeot pedals are too close, try driving a Punto! :eek:

Advertisement