Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking knock-box in Dublin.

• 23-09-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure whether anywhere in Dublin city centre sell knock-boxes. I'll be in town on Saturday and am hoping to get one as a present for my father.

I rang BTs, but they put me through to the wrong person (only deals with Nespresso). She couldn't find the right person, so I have no idea if they actually stock them.

Thanks. :)

Edit:
    I meant to say, I know they had these a year ago, so basically what I am asking is whether anyone knows if they still have them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Last time I was in BT they had them. But that was a good while ago.

Also maybe check this out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351872

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

They were in BT the last time I was in, maybe 3 months ago. I'd say the keep a stock of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 columf2008

was in bt 3 weeks ago no sign of them maybe they were just out of stock I dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

was there a mention a while ago of a posh hardware shop in Clontarf near Nolans??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

SeaSide wrote: »
    was there a mention a while ago of a posh hardware shop in Clontarf near Nolans??
    See post #2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Try also the Bewleys outlet in Blackrock. They have them on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Thanks for all the help guys.

Seems like the place in Clontarf is actually Nolans Hardware. I rang them today and they still have them there for €16.99, so I'll be paying them a visit tomorrow. :D

Seems BTs stopped doing them a while ago. The girl there said they have some Gaggia ones, but I think they're just the base with drawer type ones, which is not quite what I'm after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

Update.
    I went to Nolans in Clontarf on Saturday and got two of these knock-boxes. €16.99 each - how could you go wrong? :D

Again, thanks for the help here, much appreciated. I would never in a million years have thought to try a hardware store in Clontarf for such a thing without the tip-off.

Advertisement