Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC order?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi everybody!

Ordered a bunch of stuff off chainreaction on saturday. Didn't expect it yesterday but theres still no sign. Order tracking says that the order is "processing" and one of the items is now out of stock:confused:.
    Anyone in the same boat? Am I being too impatient?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Yes you are being too impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

they are very slow lately, www.Wiggle.co.uk in the UK are faster nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

Same thing happened to me. Worked from home on Friday expecting delivery, Arrived Monday morning instead. A bit p***ed off. Just lucky my wife was home when it arrived.

On the site it clearly stated 24 hour delivery. Next working day delivery to anywhere in Ireland by FastWay Courier. Used for large bulky packages and all high value orders. Signature required on delivery. Detailed online tracking information is available. "All 'In Stock' orders that are received by CRC before 3pm GMT, placed online or ordered by telephone will be dispatched the same day."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It does take a while to go from "Processing" to "Dispatched". Seems they've been having some warehouse problems - including one of them being flooded a few weeks back.

Don't worry about the out of stock item - it probably means you got the last one they had. Same happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

it could have been posted already, I have items there are as in processing but I received them weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Got an email from them this afternoon. The shoes I'd ordered on Sat are out of stock even though they were in stock when I placed the order.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

'68 wrote:
    Got an email from them this afternoon. The shoes I'd ordered on Sat are out of stock even though they were in stock when I placed the order.:rolleyes:

That happens a lot with crc tbh. Sometimes they can be great, order monday, on your doorstep wednesday but other times it can take a week or more if you happened to click an out of stock item they advertised as in stock. It's hit and miss but they do follow up and email you asking if you want alternative products etc and once they complete the order you will get it within a day or two. If they could only keep the stock levels updated on the website it would be perfect. It must be difficult though to do that with people ordering all the time. I sometimes see an item I ordered marked out of stock on the website right after I ordered the last one so they do update it fairly quick, just not quick enough sometimes.

If there was only 1 or 2 pairs of shoes left on saturday and 3 or 4 people ordered them they probably hadn't time to update the stock levels before they ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Ordered a bike and a few bits off them last Thursday afternoon, shipped on Friday and arrived on Monday. No complaints here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Only used them twice so far.

Had one very bad experience with them (around the time of the floods). Ended up cancelling my order and getting the stuff from wiggle. Their communication was very poor and slow.

Next order went fine, no complaints at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Is wiggle free P&P to eire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Is wiggle free P&P to eire?
    Yes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Over £50......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

An post have gotten really sticky in the last few months, there hand mail seems to take an age.
    Especially if it's between handmail/Van delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

I'd say its as much to do with on Post as CRC - saw an article in the Examiner a week ago about how slow and haphazard deliveries have become.
    I get stuff delivered to my work now and it is never more than 48 hrs. When I use home address it was taking 4 to 8 days !

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Got an email from them today, new shoes on the way.
    Friends with them again....sorry i ever doubted them!:o

Advertisement