Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed Up Billpayment on-line

Options
  • 23-09-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi
    I was on my AIB banking online account putting some money into my credit card. I'm some gowl and I typed in 200000 instead of 20000. So I just put €2,000 into my credit card instead of €200.

If I transfer this money bank from my CC to my current account will I be paying loads on transfer fees?

I'll be going to Tenerife next week for hols. Should I leave the money in the CC and use that over there? I hear that it is better to use your credit card when abroad. But Tenerife is in euro anyway so is this pointless? Would it be the same/cheaper to use my laser?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Try ringing them and look to reverse the transaction - they are amenable enough on the phone and sorted us out before when we did the same thing (in reverse).

Regarding having a credit balance on your card - you may be liable for that if the card is fraudulently used (it seems to be mentioned a lot though I've never checked it out).

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

All went well. I gave them a buzz and got onto a sound chick called lisa. She cancelled it and put the money back in my account thank gawd

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Great to hear.

Advertisement