Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 Jasper codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Any more signs of the jasper consoles coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Moiph wrote: »
    Any more signs of the jasper consoles coming in?

Yeah. I'd be interested in picking up a second 360 but def want to wait for jasper. All talks of jasper seem to have gone a bit quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A mate just got one in Gamestop (Letterkenny)

Shop: Gamestop
    Model: Elite
    Code: 0745 (bloody ancient!)
    Date: 01/11/08

Obviously not selling too many Elites there anyway! I think that's only just a Falcon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Shop: Smyths
    Model: Pro (or whatever the 60 gig version is called)
    Code: 0838X
    Date: 27/11/08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Reports are coming in ... on tinterweb .... that Jasper has been spotted.

Look for a manufacture date > 28/10/08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Yip...most changes were expected such as the drop in PSU power, the jaspers have a 150W PSU but one change that wasn't expected was:

256MB Flash Ram onboard increased from 16MB.

Have a read:
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkkZlFAyyZZXEKjatA.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FickleHorse

Thanks for the update hideous ape. I read through the thread on xbox-scene and it seems that the Jaspers are finally being sighted. To summarise the thread:

- 1st sightings are in Arcade models
    - PSU is lighter, 150W, 12.1A, and has a different connector to the falcons
    - Lot no. 0843X
    - The Arcade has 256MB built-in memory instead of an external memory unit

Check out the the full thread: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668104

If you're getting a new 360, the PSU is the only real way of telling if it's a Jasper, short of opening it up, look for 150W and 12.1A. (can anyone with electrical knowledge tell me if the amperage would be different for Ireland, the 360 that was opened was bought in the US)

Note: I saw 1 case of someone in germany buying a 360 with lot no. 0844 and it was a falcon, so don't just rely on the lot no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

just got Limited Edition Gears of War Xbox 360 60GB Premium Pack in game in ilac centre, the lot number was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littleemperor

store: game
    no jaspers in store as yet, staff looking out for them. holding out is killing me:confused:

store: Smyths
    What's a jasper???? great help :rolleyes:

extravision naas: jasper who???:(

no customers to ask, sorry, but still looks like the little fellow is in a big Chinese container in Dublin port.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Bolgey wrote: »
    just got Limited Edition Gears of War Xbox 360 60GB Premium Pack in game in ilac centre, the lot number was

same. boo-urns. Didn't realise about this jasper thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well I was in the extravision and just asked to see the xbox itsself.
    brougth it out to me, check the abck of it and it was the 12v - 12.1a:5v
    So it was a jasper..
    but I wasn't goign to pay 259 for the 60gig version and get nothing else with it.. so waiting for a deal..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

@lenny....

the voltage is written on the packaging? i read it was only on the back of the console itself....??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

not too sure if its on the packaging or not.. but it was on the console itsself.
    the back of the console packaging has a cut out piece of it so can can see the console serial and just about the end of the "1a:5v" on it if ya kind of move it over a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Lenny wrote: »
    Well I was in the extravision and just asked to see the xbox itsself.
    brougth it out to me, check the abck of it and it was the 12v - 12.1a:5v
    So it was a jasper..
    but I wasn't goign to pay 259 for the 60gig version and get nothing else with it.. so waiting for a deal..
    I got an Xbox (842, Jasper) in GAME in Newry for £200. 3 games and 2 controllers, 60GB, check my previous posts. They had a deal for £170 too, might be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I got mine a few weeks ago, well me missus got it for me cos she rules like that. Lot number is 038X. Anyone know what the feck that means lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

seanybiker wrote: »
    I got mine a few weeks ago, well me missus got it for me cos she rules like that. Lot number is 038X. Anyone know what the feck that means lol.

Well if you have a 150w power supply, then you got a jasper. Anyone know if there are reviews of this yet? Is the RROD fixed, is it quieter??

EDIT: Actually, it's only 8043x and above that is jasper. Seany, you have an old box! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Sorry if this thread is very old to some ,but I didn't want to start a new one.

I was going to buy a 60GB premium xbox online ,but the jasper thing is holding me back.
    I seen there is a 60GB premium PES2009 pack on sale ,would this be a jasper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

311 wrote: »
    Sorry if this thread is very old to some ,but I didn't want to start a new one.

I was going to buy a 60GB premium xbox online ,but the jasper thing is holding me back.
    I seen there is a 60GB premium PES2009 pack on sale ,would this be a jasper ?

you wouldn't know if its a jasper without seeing the xbox's lot number

It's a waiting game I suppose so.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littleemperor

waiting for the green light in Naas. Smyth's say they have new offers coming in soon and hopefully they'll be jaspers. still might wait until next month to be sure. any positive sighting in Kildare or Dublin would be well good.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Kernel wrote: »

EDIT: Actually, it's only 8043x and above that is jasper. Seany, you have an old box! :)

Where are you getting the info on that, if you dont mind me asking for a source.

Cant remember what mine was again, but going by greater than 0835 guide in the original post i was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marlo Stanfield

I was Jasper hunting all day today, progressively less enthusiastically explaining to each dude why I needed them to get a box from the back and to hand it to me and not to worry who Jasper was.
    The lot code means nothing, you need to see the voltage through the window in the corner of the box. Where an older model would say 14.2A a Jasper will say 12.1A (see links below). In reality you'll be lucky to see the 'A' through the window so you'll be looking to catch sight of a '1' just before it. This requires some pretty gauche maneuvering and an understanding sales assistant.
    From what i've read Premium Jaspers seem to be very rare at the moment, and Elites non existent. Only Arcade Jaspers appear to be burgeoning right now. I cross examined a '0851' lot coded Premium box today which I eventually confirmed was a Falcon. Also the only bloke I came across who knew what a Jasper was worked in Gamestop, Rathmines and said they're not really in circulation yet.

Has anyone got a confirmed Jasper anywhere yet putting lot codes aside and adhering to the '12.1A' criteria?

http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2&cp=7#comments

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/inside-an-xbox-360-jasper-ben-heck-dissects-the-mythical-consol/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Checked in HMV yesterday as they said they were getting a new shipment in. Only got to see the Elite and couldn't see any of the indicators number through the hole. Their newly delivered Elites were lot 830 anyways

mise wrote: »
    Checked in HMV yesterday as they said they were getting a new shipment in. Only got to see the Elite and couldn't see any of the indicators number through the hole. Their newly delivered Elites were lot 830 anyways

It's extremely hard to see, i'm bringing a little pocket torch with me today- essential for Jasper hunting as when you do get the number to the left of the 'A' exposed there's a shadow from the box. 0830 is definitely not a Jasper anyway. They had 0851 in Dundrum yesterday so i'm going back to scour a few of those. You're not going to get a fresher batch then that.

What is the returns policy on Xboxes in the likes of Argos ? Can you return a console if it's not a jasper?

What is the returns policy on Xboxes in the likes of Argos ? Can you return a console if it's not a jasper?

Not sure about returns policy but they allow you to view an item if you bring the code up to the till, the bloke in Argos Dundrum even opened the box for me. Needless to say it wasn't a Jasper. While every Argos employee won't do this for you, you can get hands on to try to see the '12.1A'.

Are the older xboxes really that unreliable ? ,would it matter a whole lot if an xbox wasn't a jasper after I bought one:o

EdiT: Not trolling or being stupid here ,I'm off sick for the week and really want to try out an Xbox.

I was in the same boat 311. Just today got a '0851' (which means it was put out in the 51st week of '08) Xbox in Game upstairs in Hamley's Toys in Dundrum. It's not a Jasper, the guy brought out a few but they were all the same. Not going to find a newer batch then that so I think it confirms that they're not in circulation in Premium models anyway just yet. This was also what I had been told by a knowledgeable sales assistant in Gamestop. I bought some insurance in game for €30 which covers me for anything happening even through my own fault for 2 years, even the controllers are covered- so if anything goes wrong down the line i'll be getting a replacement Jasper in any event.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are the older xboxes really that unreliable ? ,would it matter a whole lot if an xbox wasn't a jasper after I bought one:o

EdiT: Not trolling or being stupid here ,I'm off sick for the week and really want to try out an Xbox.
    I've had an older model for over a year and a half now, and its worked perfectly since then. It was 2nd hand as well :eek:

Advertisement