Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 Jasper codes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've got a ps3 at the moment (2nd one,first broke),but theres a few games I want and they are only on the 360.
    If I don't buy one in the next couple of weeks ,theres loads of new releases next month on ps3 and I probably won't bother then:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marlo Stanfield

311 wrote: »
    I've got a ps3 at the moment (2nd one,first broke),but theres a few games I want and they are only on the 360.
    If I don't buy one in the next couple of weeks ,theres loads of new releases next month on ps3 and I probably won't bother then:rolleyes:

I have a PS3 too, but there's just no vibe with it for me just yet. It's like it's still introductory. Meanwhile Xbox Live is a thriving community- had to get in on it, especially for Halo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Yeah I'd say the xboxlive online is good. What I really like about the ps3 at the moment is playing cod world at war.
    With the surround sound I can hear what direction someone is coming from :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah I'd say the xboxlive online is good. What I really like about the ps3 at the moment is playing cod world at war.
    With the surround sound I can hear what direction someone is coming from :pac:

I have Halo 3 COD 4 and I always hear where the fookers are coming from!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

Are the older xboxes really that unreliable ? ,would it matter a whole lot if an xbox wasn't a jasper after I bought one:o

EdiT: Not trolling or being stupid here ,I'm off sick for the week and really want to try out an Xbox.

i think the recent option of installing the games to disk is what is going to address most of the RROD issues and general hardware failure issues; it can't be good to have a 12 speed dvd drive going on full throttle all the time in a box with poor heat dissipation design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

looks like jasper consoles are finally flitering through

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/321082/xbox-360-elite-199-99-instore-zavvi/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Whats a jasper?? Got an xbox nov 08 in xtravision lot 835. 60gb hdd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

greenman09 wrote: »

check the back of it beside the serial number and post what it says..
    will say something like and the end of the voltage line 5v 1a or else 5v 2a

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

greenman09 wrote: »

How much you pay for it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I was down to extravision there about 6 weeks ago or so.
    it was 259 with no deals or anything extra with it.. it was the 60 gig
    and it was a falcon model

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    How much you pay for it?

Gf got it for 279e for xmas for me. 1controllor gow2 and nfs underground 60gb hd

I got a 60 gig there yesterday, got 2 controlers. lego indina jones, kung foo panda and tomb raider got itfor 199stg

Lenny wrote: »
    I got a 60 gig there yesterday, got 2 controlers. lego indina jones, kung foo panda and tomb raider got itfor 199stg

perfect example of the price diff betweem north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Aye, best deal I could find was €206 for the 60GB on its own, its a replacement so didn't want any extra games or controllers but wouldn't have turned them down if they were included in the price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

got a jasper (well its jasper according to guides i've seen online!) in smyths athlone.

Lot No 0849X , 150w power supply

180e for the arcade with halo 3 and project gotham 4

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Lenny wrote: »

I got the same package. But at Smythe's in Cork. Cost me 300€ :(
    Edit: Wasn't really quite the same when i got to think of it.

I got PGR4, Forza 2, Halo 3 and some other game aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

anyone get a jasper online yet ? hopin to get one in dabs soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littleemperor

this thread has been quiet so i'm hoping that all xboxes here are now jaspers. going shopping next week so if this is not the case yet somebody stop me.

the one on dabs is a great price 188 for the 60gb, but is it a jasper :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

this thread has been quiet so i'm hoping that all xboxes here are now jaspers. going shopping next week so if this is not the case yet somebody stop me.

the one on dabs is a great price 188 for the 60gb, but is it a jasper :confused:

i wouldnt be too sure yet, a lot of stores still carry old stock with the falcon chipset.

Gamestop Newbridge
    no jaspers spotted here. guy open the box for a look, still falcon

• Advertisement

i believe finding a jasper is as hard as finding the holy grail :D

trying liffey valley today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DoveBirkoff

Hi folks

Reading some of the post, just wanted to say Im looking also for one of those since long time ago.
    I've tried several times in GAME , asking to have a look inside the box, but they just did not want to open it for me. Only managed to check the number:

GAME (Dawson St, Dublin): higter Premium was 851x TEAM: ADUE

Finally some nice girl did it in HMV, so I can confirm there are none at the momment in HMV (Henry St., Dublin).

So, did anybody spot any Jasper at the momment in Ireland?
    cause reading about I found that in the UK they are starting to pop-up.

Edit: I meant Xbox (60gb) Premium, cause the Arcade (jasper) is on Argos already from last month.

Cheers

i think the arcade versions got the jasper chipset first because they needed the ram updtae to run the new interface that arrived in november. the others can just use the hard drive.

getting really tired of waiting, my trigger finger is itchy

GAME (Dawson St, Dublin): higter Premium was 851x TEAM: ADUE

forgive me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't code 851x mean it is a jasper

only sure way is to check the amps at the power supply on the box. 12.1A and you are laughing, 14.? A and you go home and play sonic the smegging hedgehog for another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Bought an xbox pro today in gamestop pavilions. Not a jasper, manufacture date was june 2008!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Apparently the Resi Evil 5 Special Edition Elite 360 is definitely gonna be a Jasper

Linky: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resi-5-xbox-360-elite-is-jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Apparently the Resi Evil 5 Special Edition Elite 360 is definitely gonna be a Jasper

Linky: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resi-5-xbox-360-elite-is-jasper

Cool, how much are these gonna cost though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Kernel wrote: »
    Cool, how much are these gonna cost though?

£229 from Game.co.uk but they will not deliver overseas any item over 1kg. :/

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Console/~r339955/Xbox-360-Limited-Edition-Red-Elite-Console-with-Resident-Evil-5/

Cannot find any other online retailer with it,might be a Game exclusive.

Advertisement