Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 Jasper codes

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littleemperor

sorry about being pessimistic, i'll be getting mine first thing Friday morning. gggggggoooooo jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

really cant wait for my resi 360

my room wont sound like a aeroplane (hopefully)

mine is getting hooked up to a big loud set of speakers. I'm thinking the house will sound like a slaughter house most of Friday.

what's this i hear about saving the game to the hard drive? easy to do? can the disk be used on another machine after?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Very easy to do but you still need the disc in the drive to start the game.
    what's this i hear about saving the game to the hard drive? easy to do? can the disk be used on another machine after?

• Advertisement

maybe it's better to ask these questions after i actually get the xbox.

sorry, still excited, might go for a brisk walk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Would I have a good chance of getting one of the red Elites in Smyths tomorrow? They don't do preorders, just got a text to tell me it'll be in stock tomorrow and must be collected by COB tomorrow but I don't think that means they actually hold on to one for you. I can't pop around until after work but I'd like to get one and finally replace my jet-taking-off 20GB old-school premium...

J-blk wrote: »
    Would I have a good chance of getting one of the red Elites in Smyths tomorrow? They don't do preorders, just got a text to tell me it'll be in stock tomorrow and must be collected by COB tomorrow but I don't think that means they actually hold on to one for you. I can't pop around until after work but I'd like to get one and finally replace my jet-taking-off 20GB old-school premium...

theres no chance you can get it at 9.00,get family or friend to pick it up or call a sicky :D

not too long to go now

cant wait for my jasper 360

Got my resi 360 and i can confirm yes a second controller does come with it

confirmed confirmed confirmed. just got it. she's a jasper, two controllers 320, sweet as a nut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Picked one up from Smyths this morning....€300 no extra controller, but 2 €5 vouchers,there was a few more on the shelf on display so seems theres no shortage....
    So long day 1 xbox you have served me well:)

confirmed confirmed confirmed. just got it. she's a jasper, two controllers 320, sweet as a nut.

edit never mind its a jasper

nice

might not be saying that when the four rings start flashing on your falcon.

Headshot wrote: »
    theres no chance you can get it at 9.00,get family or friend to pick it up or call a sicky :D

I think you've bought into the marketing hype a bit too much :D. It's limited, but not that limited...

Anyway, picked mine up just now in Smyths on Jervis street, same as Mthor5, €300 with 2x€5 vouchers.

She's a beauty - I wasn't too sure how it would look in real life, the photos were good but Major Nelson's video made it look really garish red. All my fears are gone now... and yes. it's a Jasper :).

Now what I'm gonna do with my old school 20GB?...

any taughts on the jasper 360 ?

I don't think it sounds much quieter idle than my old one does TBH, still quite louder than the PS3 - though there is a noticeable difference in the sound the DVD drive makes. The power brick is a lot lighter too... Other than that, not a lot that looks/feels different to my original Xbox, though I do like the 120GB HDD (finally room for one than one game installed :)) and the red paintjob (though my white rechargeable batteries stick out like a sore thumb on the controller...).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Picked mine up in gamestop in parkway, limerick. Was there at 9.30 opening time. They only got 1 in on preorder but headoffice decided to send down a 2nd one anyway, which I got :)

Fan is a little annoying in it. My previous 360 didn't seem as loud/as high pitched when idling/downloading stuff from live. Also noone is selling the red battery packs by themselves (or I couldn't find anyone with them). Just the red controller/battery&charge kit. Plus noticed the right trigger action on one of the controllers isn't as smooth as it should be. Slightly too much red plastic causing the trigger to rub slightly. Finally the free resi evil theme you get to download sucks. Nitpicking I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

So this thread is quite old I guess. Whats the latest on jasper? My 360 is just after dying (I'll have to pay to get it fixed ~90 quid). It was manufactured in mid 2006, so its just a matter of time before it dies again, even if i do send it back to Germany now.

Would it be worth buying an Arcade (more likely to be Jasper) for 170 quid in Argos in Limerick

Gamestop - 190 with Lego Indiana Jones & Kung Fu Panda
    Smyths - 180 with nothing
    Argos 170 with nothing

I guess Argos are more likely to have old Falcons than Jaspers? Maybe I could buy it in Gamestop and trade in those two games straight away? I don't know... help!

Bearing in mind my wireless controller is screwed too, 90 quid for repair, plus 30 for a wireless controller (being conservative)...would be as well off to have a new jasper for an extra 40 or 50 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

By the sounds of it you'd be much better off trying to get a Jasper model dude

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Can someone clear up exactly what i need to look for on the back of the box when i get a new xbox? Am i looking for a "LOT NO: 0835" or "TEAM: J***" or what.

When i go into the shop and ask them for the newer model, and they dont know what im saying to them, i will need to be able to describe it properly to them.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2008/12/12/how-to-find-a-jasper-xbox-360.aspx

It's the voltage you look for, also...don't be afraid to ask the sales person to SEE the unit, it's easy to take out of the box, it won't harm a resale....there is a sticky plastic thingy that can be easily opened to allow the box to be opened, look at the manufacture date, anything from 2009 is 100% safe/Jasper.

Mine was made August 2009, the manufacture date is written on the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FickleHorse

If you check the barcode sticker on the box, you should see a string of figures in the bottom left, like in this image.
    For Jasper there should be a 12.1A, and 150W listed on the sticker.

More info

It's quite unlikely that you'll get anything but a jasper model if you buy a new 360 now.

Advertisement