Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxy?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 1:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Anyone goot any proxies that work for LIT, its driving me mad half the sites are bloody blocked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's lists on the internet.

Google is your friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Obviously I tried google first. Even these websites are blocked, most of the internet is blocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

You mean Bebo's blocked...

Bebo along with every other site that doesnt contain the word educational.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Exactly, its a college, use bebo and all that sh*t at home, don't be holding up the computers for stupid stuff....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RINO87

ah no the blocking system they use is absolutely rediculous, you cant do any decent research on most topics, i agree with bebo being banned tho.

Im not the bebo type, yes I use it but im not one of these assholes who spend hours on it and take up the computer for hours. I log on, check the soccer results/reports, go on adverts.ie go on boards.ie, check my email, check my bebo... I just want to be able to look at sites I want to like, I wouldnt take up computers intentionaly looking at crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

you cant even access digg in LIT, its reason says "Proxy Avoidance", ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RINO87

in fairness you can look at digg at home, keep the college comps for college work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

thank god bebo's blocked is all i say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

no its not...it's not blocked in the library. And I use myspaceunblocker.com if I want to get onto bebo.

mars bar wrote: »
    no its not...it's not blocked in the library. And I use myspaceunblocker.com if I want to get onto bebo.

Great, now all the computers are going to be taken up with people trawling through social webpages...at the expense of people who actually have work to do :mad::mad:

The college unblocked bebo...the guy over the computers told us that at the computer lecture at the beginning of the year. It was the college's choice to unblock it, bad idea if i say so myself...

Bebo is still blocked... I got a proxy anyway, checked my bebo today for 2 mins, is that ok with you all?!

really? I know it is in the computer room but I don't think it is in the library. I got onto it today without having to unblock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

get urself fcukin laptops if u wanna do personal browsing on college time.

I do have a laptop but I still can't get onto my hotmail using my laptop which means I have to use the college computers to read my e-mails...so I took a quick browse while I was on the college computer. I was there for 5 mins in total. Go and bite the head off the people who spend 30 mins + there everyday...make it worth your while to be grouchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i'll bite the head off whoever I want. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lunar_Wire

That's why the LIT filter is so stupid.
    All those people addicted to Bebo just share proxies with each other, while people doing research have to ask for every second site to be unblocked.:mad:
    I think we should do what UL did and protest. We should get everything unblocked. I don't think there'd be that much more on Bebo then there already is. Then if your trying to search for things it wouldn't all be blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Lunar_Wire wrote: »
    I don't think there'd be that much more on Bebo then there already is.

Before they "blocked" Bebo it was almost impossible to get a computer, especially one with AutoCad installed on it.

• Advertisement

Lads, what sort of 'research' are you doing??:p
    I regularly run searches for things like heroin, cocaine, rape, blood spatter, semen, drug facilitated sexual assault, high internal vaginal swab, prevalance of rophynol in sexual assault, synthesis of methamphetamine and I don't have many problems.
    :eek::eek:

Ugh, I feel a little sick now.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rev

I am all for bebo being blocked on the uni computers. As the internet connection is supplied by HEANet, it is meant to be used for EDUCATIONAL purposes, and the last time I checked, bebo wasn't.

I went into the library one day because I wanted to do a bit of study, there wasn't a single free computer, and looking around I counted maybe 15 people using bebo. What's the point in having computers in the library when they are all used by bebo addicts?

If they wanna use bebo, they should do it at home.

I saw a guy in the computer room playing on a website called "Bored To Death" while half of our crowd were running around with an hour to go with one of our assignments trying to finish them and print them up...it is really annoying.

Go into the IT desk and complain - it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mymipage

There are 10 computers in the Student Union Building that are completely unrestricted and as far as I am aware they are installing more in the next few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

concussion wrote: »
    Great, now all the computers are going to be taken up with people trawling through social webpages...at the expense of people who actually have work to do :mad::mad:
    You do realise your on Boards.ie haha

Advertisement