Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Boxing Club

Options
  • 23-09-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi there
    was wondering what are the days and times that the boxing club is on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Used to be Mondays and Fridays at 7-9 and 8-10 on Wednesdays, not sure what it is this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

Blut wrote: »
    Used to be Mondays and Fridays at 7-9 and 8-10 on Wednesdays, not sure what it is this year though.

thanks blut
    il check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 UCD Boxing Club

Hi,

For anybody that is interested in joining UCD Boxing Club, we train Monday 5-7pm, Wed -8-10pm and Friday 7-9pm.

We train in Hall C in the Sports Centre.

New members are always welcome and can sign up at training.

Previous experience is not necessary.

For more info check out www.ucd.ie/boxing

Thanks,

Charlie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭jimmy-jazz

Hi,

For anybody that is interested in joining UCD Boxing Club, we train Monday 5-7pm, Wed -8-10pm and Friday 7-9pm.

Thanks,

Charlie

hi,
    i was wondering if you accepted members who just want to train for fitness? i've no experience boxing, and don't have much interest in sparring at the minute. i'm just lookin to get back in shape.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

jimmy-jazz wrote: »
    hi,
    i was wondering if you accepted members who just want to train for fitness? i've no experience boxing, and don't have much interest in sparring at the minute. i'm just lookin to get back in shape.
    thanks

you could try rowing? I did the boxing at the start of the year great fitness then but started to focus on the fighting which is to be expected but not what I was looking for.. just some preseason fitness :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭jimmy-jazz

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    you could try rowing? I did the boxing at the start of the year great fitness then but started to focus on the fighting which is to be expected but not what I was looking for.. just some preseason fitness :)

yeah makes sense. don't think rowing would work, bit too strenuous, my liver and spleen are a bit soft/swollen at the minute. really just lookin for somethin for regular training really, running/circuits etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Do I need to be a full time student to join. I am an ex-student, Grad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Cephei

Im an absolute beginner looking to start but im not a student of UCD, do you accept outsiders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cian D

Hi,

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi im fourteen years old and im wondering if i would be able to train,do sparring,fights etc.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Cian D wrote: »
    Hi im fourteen years old and im wondering if i would be able to train,do sparring,fights etc.
    Thanks
    Assuming the boxing club follows the same rules as any other sports club in UCD, then you can only become a member if you are a student, staff member or alnumus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Seifer wrote: »
    Assuming the boxing club follows the same rules as any other sports club in UCD, then you can only become a member if you are a student, staff member or alnumus.

Is this definitly true for all clubs?

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Is this definitly true for all clubs?
    That's what clubs are told and they're breaking rules if they allow people to join that are not in the categories above.

I've heard insurance costs being talked about as the reason but you also have to take into account that the UCD sports clubs offer incredible value (€15 for an entire year of equipment and training) and get money directly from the college in the form of grants. So if you're not contributing to the college, why should you be able to avail of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I think some clubs offer "Associate Membership" for an awful lot more than the normal ones, that are for people who aren't normally eligible

Well... boxing's not really my thing... after all... what kind of civilised person would play a game with the skin of an innocent pig?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

jimmy-jazz wrote: »
    hi,
    thanks

No, the trainer made it perfectly clear he didn't want this, he wants people joing who want to box only. He said and I quote ''Those who just want to get fit, join the gym''. He was dead serious about it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Seifer wrote: »
    Well... boxing's not really my thing... after all... what kind of civilised person would play a game with the skin of an innocent pig?!
    Well, actually, Lisa, these balls are synthetic! And for every ball you buy, a dollar goes to Amnesty International!

Also, for the sake of avoiding confusion and answering of 3 year old questions: Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement