Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Vivaro issues

Options
  • 23-09-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Ok so there's around 95k on the clock (and a new f*cking gearbox last chrimbo which is still a sore subject) but I've been having a few annoyances:

Firstly, the dashboard 'Door Open' light remains on all the time, so it thinks there's an open door somewhere in the vehicle.

Secondly, the stick for High Beams doesn't stay in place so when driving at night I have to physically hold it down to keep the High Beams on. On dark unlit country roads, one handed driving is not fun. :rolleyes:

Thirdly, recently the accelerator has become quite noisy, it's only when I press the accelerator a 2nd noise joins in for the fun of it. Any ideas?

Fourthly, I think it's misfiring again in 4/5/6th gears although I believe this is an Air Mass Flow meter problem, which I've had to fix only 2 years (30k) ago.

Fifthly, why do you have to disassemble the entire rear light unit just to replace a blown indicator bulb?!?!

Sixthly, does anyone wanna buy it :pac:

Anyone any thoughts? Is an Opel stealer my only option here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Savman wrote: »
    Ok so there's around 95k on the clock (and a new f*cking gearbox last chrimbo which is still a sore subject) but I've been having a few annoyances:

Firstly, the dashboard 'Door Open' light remains on all the time, so it thinks there's an open door somewhere in the vehicle.

Secondly, the stick for High Beams doesn't stay in place so when driving at night I have to physically hold it down to keep the High Beams on. On dark unlit country roads, one handed driving is not fun. :rolleyes:

Thirdly, recently the accelerator has become quite noisy, it's only when I press the accelerator a 2nd noise joins in for the fun of it. Any ideas?

Fourthly, I think it's misfiring again in 4/5/6th gears although I believe this is an Air Mass Flow meter problem, which I've had to fix only 2 years (30k) ago.

Fifthly, why do you have to disassemble the entire rear light unit just to replace a blown indicator bulb?!?!

Sixthly, does anyone wanna buy it :pac:

Anyone any thoughts? Is an Opel stealer my only option here?

Well you probably have a switch problem on one door somewhere. An air flow meter, I'd get a fault code on this before I went spending money on this component. The bulb access problem, pretty much common enough nowadays. Your hedlamp stalk/switch sounds like it is fu*ked. The noisy accelerator, can't speculate on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Thanks Darragh, u sure u don't wanna fix it in exchange for some cake :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Thankfully my days of worrying about these type of problems are over!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

firstly, the door open problem. check the left hand rear door on the back the opening one, adown the bottom is where the button is located. the rubber head has proberly worn off this could be your problem.
    about the rear lamp isn't much of a job to do, only 2 torex screws holdin it for it to be taken off to change the bulb. and also mass airflows are a kinda comman enough problem with them, may not always throw upa fault code

Lenny wrote: »
    firstly, the door open problem. check the left hand rear door on the back the opening one, adown the bottom is where the button is located. the rubber head has proberly worn off this could be your problem.
    about the rear lamp isn't much of a job to do, only 2 torex screws holdin it for it to be taken off to change the bulb. and also mass airflows are a kinda comman enough problem with them, may not always throw upa fault code
    Cheers, I've spent a while fiddling around all the door buttons but I do suspect it's one of the rear doors, will have another go. I might try do the rear lamp myself.

I'm not totally incompetent but right now it's looking like the Air Mass, accelerator noise and possibly Headlight switch will need to go to a garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The lightstalk should be easy and cheap to get on ebay or a scrapyard here.

Yeah I'm on the evil bay scouring...love the sig btw :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Savman wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on the evil bay scouring...love the sig btw :D:D

Yeah its well overdue to be fair.:)

Advertisement