Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom 720 Not showing POIs

Options
  • 23-09-2008 2:08pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently upgraded my Map to UK & Ireland v720.1803
    All POIs are there & can be navigated to but they are no loner visable while on route or browsing the map.
    I have them all checked in show POI on map
    I have tried the reset button...
    Anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

koolkid wrote: »
    I recently upgraded my Map to UK & Ireland v720.1803

You availed of the sale that was going on? You realise why there was a sale? v8.10 maps are out now...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

but that doesn't explain the problem I'm having.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

There's a hard rese procedure. If you press the reset button for 15 secs, then turn the unit on while holding the reset button does it, i think...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ill give it a try & let you knwo

Thanks

No joy there Im afraid. The unit won't turn on untill you release the reset button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Did you back up the device before upgrading?
    If so then you could try a restore of the POI's.

Just a guess but you may be missing the associated bmp files which provide the displays.

You could also check by connecting to your pc and using Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Cant see offhand any BMP files in the map folder on either the back up or the device.
    However the POI icons do show up on the map when its shows map image of a navigate to destination image on the map.
    I am awaiting a reply from TomTom...
    No doubt it will be default & reinstall map

Got this sorted in the end.
    Removed all POIs & copied them over from the back up

Advertisement