Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help a mongo with smart

Options
  • 23-09-2008 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Trying to conect wireless to my smart broad band. Using a zyxel modem/router. Straight from the phone socket to the router. Connected for the first couple of days except when pages loaded not all content would display and some sites wouldn't load at all. Then it just stopped and when I try to repair my connection it says it can't assign/renew my ip address. Reset the modem but still no joy. Can't connect with the wi fi on my phone either. But the other guy I live with it works fine for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

FX Meister wrote: »
    Trying to conect wireless to my smart broad band. Using a zyxel modem/router. Straight from the phone socket to the router. Connected for the first couple of days except when pages loaded not all content would display and some sites wouldn't load at all. Then it just stopped and when I try to repair my connection it says it can't assign/renew my ip address. Reset the modem but still no joy. Can't connect with the wi fi on my phone either. But the other guy I live with it works fine for.

Are you running Norton by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

AVG, I'll try turning it off

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

FX Meister wrote: »
    AVG, I'll try turning it off

Have you tried turning off the router security? (temporarily of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Nope. I got some other dude to program the router, a guy who new what he was doing. I don't want to access it if I don't know what I'm doing

Advertisement