Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol prices Dublin 15

Options
  • 23-09-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I noticed today that the Fiat garage (Topaz) in Blanch is now matching Discount Fuel on the Clonsilla Road by selling unleaded petrol at E1.229 per litre. (E1.23 to you and me)

The Renault garage in Coolmine (also Topaz) is charging E1.359 for the same litre of fuel. (E1.36 to you and me)

I know that Renault makes sh!te cars, and they need to make up the money somehow, but charging 13 cents extra for a litre of fuel is a bit OTT.

Any cheaper stations in Dn 15?

Murt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The petrol station by the Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart village used to be reasonable from what I can remember. Haven't been there in ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Murt10 wrote: »
    I know that Renault makes sh!te cars, and they need to make up the money somehow, but charging 13 cents extra for a litre of fuel is a bit OTT.

I could be wrong but it was always one of the dearest in blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

^^^ yeah that one has always been the most expensive around from what I've seen.

The Topaz in Castleknock was 1.24 today if I'm remembering correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm a humble Cavan man living in D15. The village I'm from had a population of approx 500 in the early 90s. At the time it had 6 (yes 6) petrol stations.

I use the Discount Fuel station most of the time due to it being good value. Naturally it's always packed when I go to fill up, except when I go in the dead of night. There's been some change in the ratio of petrol station number to population though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Topaz on Hartstown Road is €1.229 per litre.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I use the Discount Fuel station most of the time due to it being good value.

If a Cavan man goes there, it's gotta be the cheapest. :D

That one in Coolmine has always been a rip off though. I'd say purely location is what keeps it in business. Very busy area between the industrial estate and the passing traffic.

I generally use the Esso on the Navan Road (Bradys I think) on the way to work seeing as it's handiest for me. Not the cheapest, but usually reasonable in comparison with others.

Very few garages around though considering the size of D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I use the Discount Fuel station most of the time due to it being good value. Naturally it's always packed when I go to fill up, except when I go in the dead of night. There's been some change in the ratio of petrol station number to population though.

Where is that discount place? I usually use the one in Mulhuddart.

It's on Clonsilla Road, past the row of shops as you're heading towards Clonsilla train station. Used to be a Shell garage, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Zaph wrote: »
    It's on Clonsilla Road, past the row of shops as you're heading towards Clonsilla train station. Used to be a Shell garage, iirc.

Used to be Cunninghams, beside Cunningham's Funeral Home, now I'm showing my age ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Teaxaco on the ballycoolin road/beside wincanton/beside corduff had it for 118

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

jeffk wrote: »

thats a good price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There are a couple of sites that track prices in Ireland, this is one of them, might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

jeffk wrote: »

Similar for that Texaco petrol station on the Kylemore road.

It's one hell of a price difference and I'd love to hear how they justify it.

Starting to creep up again - €1.239 per litre in Topaz on Hartstown Road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Still €1.21 in Texaco up near Dolly's pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

Cathooo wrote: »
    Used to be Cunninghams, beside Cunningham's Funeral Home, now I'm showing my age ;)

i knew that and i am only 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Still €1.21 in Texaco up near Dolly's pub.

is Dollys not considered Finglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Kaldorn wrote: »
    is Dollys not considered Finglas?

Dolly Heffernans, Ratoath Road, Mooretown, Dublin 15

BUT looking for jobs some of the industrial estates beside dollys are listed as dublin 11 aka finglas
    All depends how far out the back roads it is it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

I think Discount Fuel on Clonsilla Roadis the cheapest around in Dublin 15. Petrol Price was 1.199 euro/litre yesterday.

• Advertisement

Top this one our good friend in texaco in corduff/ballycoolin 115.9 :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The budget has added 8c to a litre of petrol, with most garages expected to raise the price by 10c per litre.

Just when it was beginning to level off.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A significant drop in the wholesale oil price is on its way though apparently.

Advertisement