Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing Youtube videos

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So you want to steal someone elses videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

These content creators upload their videos with the understanding that aside from creating value for people, they'll get something back in the form of promoting their business.
    Removing their branding is, at the very least, lame.

And after all the hassle of "re-purposing" their videos... it may well be taken down once the video's creators see it and complain about being ripped off.

Why not just pay some guy with a camera €200 to follow a driving instructor around for the day? Or just link to a youtube search and point people in the right direction without having to promote someone else in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

This video / animation could be done in flash for your website easily by an experienced flash user. That would be far better for you and your business I think. You could use the format from the youtube video as a guide to what you want whilst adding your own stamp on it.

Probably wouldn't cost a lot either once you provide the complete brief. I think the return would outweigh the cost, that is why you pay people for these services. Plus you wouldn't ever have to worry about being sued either for using other peoples paid for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

As suggested above, link to their videos or to a page of search results in Youtube. Removing their credit is, as also said above, lame. Its not as if someone looking for driving lessons in dublin will see the UK ad and head over their for driving lessons, so the only thing you could be worried about is people realising you were too lazy to make your own videos. Make your own videos or do without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Thanks..all points taken on board. I never saw it as stealing as thought they put things on youtube in order to share but sisnt look at it the other way.

How much would it cost to create 3 videos.. reverse around corner, hillstart and turnabout each a few minutes long with commentary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Macca206 wrote: »
    Thanks..all points taken on board. I never saw it as stealing as thought they put things on youtube in order to share but sisnt look at it the other way.

How much would it cost to create 3 videos.. reverse around corner, hillstart and turnabout each a few minutes long with commentary?

I cant remember the address, but I recently saw a site where some guy had mounted a camera in the back seat over the drivers shoulder and just did the manouevers himself while commentating on what he was doing. This would be very cheap if you own a camera already, if not borrow from a friend or rent. It may also be an idea to do the commentating afterwards so the sound quality is better. You can then link video and sound in something like windows movie maker which comes with XP/Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Macca206 wrote: »

Pm me and I'll put you onto a reliable source who could do the work for you. I'd do it myself but I don't have the time at the moment.

Advertisement