Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Rugby Clubs - Which One?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

howye!

new member here, was directed here by one or two people who said ye might be able to offer some advice. recently moved from scotland to galway and was wondering about taking up a bit of a rugby as the season is beginning.

some people at work have mentioned galway corinthians to me as a good club to join, anyone have any opinions on that club versus galwegians or the boys club? passionate amateur here so junior or thirds is all i am looking for!

any pointers appreciated

cheers

ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

Hello There

Welcome to Galway. I have only ever had experience with Corinthians because a friend of mine is a member there. It seems to be a good club, with great facilities having been built up over the last few years. Have done a bit of 5-aside soccer on their all-weather pitches out there. Not too sure if Wegains facilities are up to the same standard or OLBC.

Corinthians have had a bit of a change in admin as well since last season, so not sure if they will still be up to scratch as a load of newbies have taken over. But it may be your best bet as the lads I know that play there are sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Corinthians. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

Know a few lads from Corinthians & have boozed with them on occasion. Also wnet to a a few of the tag nites out there whch were savage crack. Good bunch & always great laugh. Think club is just back from trip to France or Spain so reckon the admin side of things must be workin okay. Check them out. Certainly facilities head & shoulders above Galwegians. Dunno much about OLBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Corinthians all the way....unless you don't have a car! Their home ground is about 8km from city centre.

Advertisement