Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta

Options
  • 23-09-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey I have a 98 Ford Fiesta Flight, but unfortunately had the battery restarted with the jump leads the wrong way and the radio has been reset. I have t get the car serial number as it's not in my handbook. Anyone know where I can find it & where to get the radio code?

Any help appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hey I have a 98 Ford Fiesta Flight, but unfortunately had the battery restarted with the jump leads the wrong way and the radio has been reset. I have t get the car serial number as it's not in my handbook. Anyone know where I can find it & where to get the radio code?

Any help appreciated :D
    You will have to take out the radio, to take it out locate the 4 holes on the front of the radio, 2 on each side. Stick pins in them, pull the ones on the left to the left and the ones on the right to the right at the same time and pull together, it will slide out.
    The serial number and part number are on the right hand side of the radio.
    If you give me the numbers then I can get you the keycode, normally €15 I'll do it for free;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Some dealers write the 4 digit code on the bottom of the ashtray during the PDI. You might get lucky!

Pete67 wrote: »
    Some dealers write the 4 digit code on the bottom of the ashtray during the PDI. You might get lucky!
    +1

@OP did you actually look for the radio keycode itself? Thats all you need to get the radio going, try in the audio book, its a 4 didgit code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

You can also go to a Ford dealer who will be able to find the code for you, but as Plug said, it costs money! I know my boyfriend did it on his Opel Astra and it was €10

ergonomics wrote: »
    You can also go to a Ford dealer who will be able to find the code for you, but as Plug said, it costs money! I know my boyfriend did it on his Opel Astra and it was €10
    I work in one so I'll get her one for free if she gets the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Plug wrote: »
    I work in one so I'll get her one for free if she gets the details.
    Im sick of my employer paying me:mad:

:rolleyes:
    Wait a minute, hmmmm if my employer didnt have any money, then I could stop him giving me those peskey wages slips!

Operation stop employers income during times of recession is in full swing!:pac::pac:

Im sick of my employer paying me:mad:

:rolleyes:
    Wait a minute, hmmmm if my employer didnt have any money, then I could stop him giving me those peskey wages slips!

Operation stop employers income during times of recession is in full swing!:pac::pac:
    Take a chill pill mate we here minus a few muppets help each other on these forums, its only €15, my employer won't go belly up just yet. Even if he loses out on a massive €15 i'll still get my wages.
    You can sit down now.....

Plug wrote: »
    Take a chill pill mate we here minus a few muppets help each other on these forums, its only €15, my employer won't go belly up just yet. Even if he loses out on a massive €15 i'll still get my wages.
    You can sit down now.....

Right back at cha sweetheart!

It was a little bit of humour darling! Im just pointing out that if your employer saw that he would not be thrilled is all!

She will have to drive down all the way from Meath do the south east for my employer to be hit by €15 which I think is highly unlikely, who will get hit by the €15 is the Ford dealer up in meath:D
    So my employer will be thrilled:p

Ha! Never thought of that! I approve so:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 i-want-my-nic

Cool thanks for all the advice! I'll have a look for that code this evenin - checked the car book & unfortunately it's not there!
    Let's hope I don't mess up the radio trying t get this code - ha!:p

Advertisement