Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock Mag Gas Leak

Options
  • 23-09-2008 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

I just got a Glock magazine delivered but when I put gas in it it leaks out the top, is it faulty or can it be sorted easily?

Might I add the gas is leaking out the top near the release valve not at the bottom

And also I burnt/hurt th **** out of my hand when the gas didn't go in the first time and sprayed all over me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Try spraying silicon oil in and around the valve, and manually work the valve.

Gas really shouldn't burn ye unless its on fire :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Motosam wrote: »
    Try spraying silicon oil in and around the valve, and manually work the valve.

Gas really shouldn't burn ye unless its on fire :confused:

You know what i mean... feels like burning.. but not burning.. my hands all red now

Manually work the valve?

Yeah just push it so the oil can seep in.

If that really doesn't work, you can remove the valve and oil the o-ring and grease the threads, but ye don't want to mess with that yet.

Yeah just push it so the oil can seep in.

If that really doesn't work, you can remove the valve and oil the o-ring and grease the threads, but ye don't want to mess with that yet.

So I put oil on the brass colored bit with the silver bit in the middle and push it in? or should I put the oil in the rubber bit where the gas comes out?

Doomofman wrote: »
    So I put oil on the brass colored bit with the silver bit in the middle and push it in? or should I put the oil in the rubber bit where the gas comes out?

As long as its silicon oil and not wd-40 or ANY petroleum based rubber eating oil, put the oil everywhere, as you said above those are the places to oil.

• Advertisement

As long as its silicon oil and not wd-40 or ANY petroleum based rubber eating oil, put the oil everywhere, as you said above those are the places to oil.

Yeah I got silicon oil alright... Will oil it up now and give it a test

No that didn't work.... I found though that the gas comes out alot quicker when the mag is upside down then when it's the right way up :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

soak the leaking part in the silicone oil as sam said, bu8t also make sure the mag is warm . then gas it and fire it a few times, it should seal itself from use. if not it'll need some silicone grease on it or maybe a new seal.,

the burn your talking about is a freezer burn, you can die from that...

vtec wrote: »
    soak the leaking part in the silicone oil as sam said, but also make sure the mag is warm . then gas it and fire it a few times, it should seal itself from use. if not it'll need some silicone grease on it or maybe a new seal.,

the burn your talking about is a freezer burn, you can die from that...

Exaggeration much?

Also I tried to warm up the mag, put some more oil on, filled it up as best i could and fired a few shots off but still leaking

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Doomofman wrote: »
    Exaggeration much?

Also I tried to warm up the mag, put some more oil on, filled it up as best i could and fired a few shots off but still leaking

Is that a Meister Glock mag by any chance? I have a meister glock and the mag leaked a lot when I got it. I put silicone oil on all the leaky bits, to no avail. I ended up taking the thing apart and was shocked by the poor quality o-rings used. I replaced all the o-rings with good quality ones and the leaks were gone. The meister glock mags are notoriously bad.

• Advertisement

Is that a Meister Glock mag by any chance? I have a meister glock and the mag leaked a lot when I got it. I put silicone oil on all the leaky bits, to no avail. I ended up taking the thing apart and was shocked by the poor quality o-rings used. I replaced all the o-rings with good quality ones and the leaks were gone. The meister glock mags are notoriously bad.

No idea, It came in a pictureless blue box. Anyway it's on its way back to where I got it from for a replacement so it's all good

Advertisement