Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool / Snooker Hall in Limerick (Castletroy)

Options
  • 23-09-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm doing enterprise development in UL. Its my final year, and as part of the module I have to do a business plan, in which I need to do market research.
    I have already posted this in the UL forum and Limerick City Forum, but I'd like a broader reach of the demographic.

I'd just like opinions and ideas.

We are proposing to open a pool/snooker hall in Castletroy.
    It would have 8-10 pool tables, and 2 snooker tables.
    It would be located near Groody Bar, in the old shop on the corner to be precise.
    It would have a chill-out area, whereby you can sit and relax.
    It would serve minerals, crisps and chocolate and other such simple items, probably over a counter rather than a vending machine.
    It would be a relaxing atmosphere.

Opening hours would be 12pm - 11pm Mon-Sun.

Pool would cost €1 per game, and Snooker €6 per hour.

What are peoples ideas and opinions on this?

It is intended to be an alternative place to hang out, and play pool/snooker without loud music and alcohol. Somewhere to go instead of the cinema for 2 hours maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think it's a good idea - the population of Limerick is spreading out that direction and there is a good student crowd and an alternative venue to the UL pool hall (but is also open to public). Would need to be promoted well - people remember the old Vic, but aren't sure of other pool / snooker places - just for your research - "The Windmill" (2 pool tables, €1 per game), "O'Riardas" (sp) (5? Tables, €2 per game, Music jukebox machine), not sure on Vic prices - lots of snooker tables..

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Cheers Sabre,

I was in the Old Vic on saturday, and saw their prices, which vary for members and non-members.
    The only problem I have is that they have no pool tables (a 9-ball table is there however).
    We aim to cater more for pool players, and have the snooker tables there also.

We'd like to take people away from pubs. We know quite a few places that have 1-2 pool tables inside, but is the space available.

It would be nice to have a social setting to bring kids and let them improve their skills in a relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

i wiish you the best with the project, you are aware that the in the year a gaming room, adjacant to the spar shop has closed down in this area. A lot of the lots are vacant!
    NOt sure will this affect your choice of location

Advertisement