Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller situation out of control, time for army?

• 23-09-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Well its true you cant argue, huge resources are been used up on traveler feuds, I think a lot of the problem has to do with the fact that although I'm sure people on this forum might understand authority associated with the Gardai, obviously growing up with such a different culture would change your view -

edit: heres the link
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0923/waterford.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Didn't we already discuss and discount this idea in another thread?

12000 hours overtime is phenomenal amount but if they allocated enough staff to the waterford division that might not have been needed to that extent. Waterford apparently has one of the lowest proportions of gardai per head of population in the country.

Bringing in the army would cost even more I'd hazard to say. Plus they wouldn't have training in dealing with civilian law and order like the guards would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you can judge a situation by the amount of siren noise in the air, things have quietened down alot in the last two weeks.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The army are not a police force. It is not a job for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

sure the police force is hardly a threat nowadays, if it were, these things wouldnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

This has already been discussed here. Locking this thread. Feel free to post in the other thread if you like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement