Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failed Last August, SGS say i can take 2nd test this Fri!!!

Options
  • 23-09-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

guys i dunno what to do, i rang sgs after receiving a letter from them. They said i can do my test this friday. Last time i got 14 grade 2's but i was doing it in instructers car as my car was out of action. Now i have my own car but is it possible to pass in 3 days of prep??? i dunno what to do? he said either take this date or next november??? what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd be thinking just go for it. It's your second attempt so you shouldn't be as nervous. You've been "prepping" for this from day one behind the wheel, so it's not really 3 days "prep". You should be able to remember all the oral parts of the test, if not you can go over them. Best of Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

well whats getting me is how will i remember checking mirrors, postioning etc?? god i don;t know what to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

heymayo wrote: »
    well whats getting me is how will i remember checking mirrors, postioning etc?? god i don;t know what to do??

i wrote the word observe on the left hand and relax on the right hand while doing the test.

so when my hands were in the ten and two position i could see the big red writing on my hand.

If you can calm youself down and relax then its half the battle won but for me i need reminding to relax and this was the best way.

observe, i wrote because i dont think mirror signal manovoure covers all oberservation skill required. observation includes looking out for that awkward parked car and reacting to it.

I picked up two grade 2's when i was 110% convinced i was going to fail. i was going to cancel the test but my instructor wouldnt allow me in the hour before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

heymayo wrote: »

Well here's the thing, you've paid for it now, if you cancel you wont get your money back as you have to cancel 10 days before the test date to get the fee back. It's really up to you, but as i said, i'd go for it! Sure what have you got to lose? If you fail, reapply and go again, if you pass then happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Washout wrote: »
    i wrote the word observe on the left hand and relax on the right hand while doing the test.
    Very good idea, might give that one a go :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

If it's anything to go by I was out of action with a broken foot for 2 months and only back driving less than a week when I passed my test. It's grand once you relax and remember it's only driving. As long as you've a clear head you'll be fine. Don't panic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

I chickened out.. I booked it for november mid term. so i have a good run up to it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I rearranged mine this afternoon, mainly as I had an appointment next Friday which is when I had to take the Driving Test. It's a bit crap that they only accept bookings upto 6 weeks in advance, was hoping to for sometime in December. Got 11 November instead (not complaining though!) :p

Advertisement