Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Tatt problem!!

Options
  • 23-09-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I got a really awful tattoo when I was 16 on my upper arm. It was a celtic letter that I thought looked cool then,:rolleyes: but have hated it ever since!! It is about the size of an old Punt coin(maybe a bit bigger) and is all thick and black and gross!!!
    Since then I have had 7 other tattoos but this one has been really bugging me. See, i don't really like the look of tattoos on my upper arm so didnt want to get a cover up as they usually make em a lot bigger.
    So I went to this "Tattoo Erase" place and thought it would solve everything!!If you arent familiar with this: they kinda tattoo stuff over the original tattoo which kinda draws the ink out(bad explanation!).The tattoo in question is smallish, so they said maybe 3 sessions should do it.
    So here I am now, €350 poorer, and the tatt looks worse then before! Its only half done and the black parts are coverered in white dots(which are kinda raised).It looks like i have little cigarette burn scars!haha.The white parts are a completely different colour than my actual skin.
    My dilema is: should I bother goin back to get it finished?(and pay another possible €300).. Or should I ask someone bout tattooing over it? (maybe I shouldve just done this in the first place!!)And if anyone has tried this tattoo erase let me know how you got on( and if you can tattoo back over it!):confused:

thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I don't know much at all about removal I'm afraid, but did a quick google search and this is what came up...
    http://www.tattooerase.com/treatment.html

Is that how your tatt looks now? If so, it seems normal.
    If I was you, I would see it through and if you're still not happy, get a coverup done. You'll be money down yes, but at the end of the day, it's just money. As long as you're happy with your arm after, thats the main thing.

Hope it works out!

Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Yes that what it looks like but worse!!! because mine is blockier and darker its just awful!! Also I would like to point out that this has been happening over a course of maybe a year and a half or longer. Because the girl that was trained to do the erase left the company and they had no one else trained to do it!Then MONTHS later they get some bloke from England over to do it...thing is he only comes over once a month(if even!!).At different times!!!They never call ya when he's there so its like hit and miss everytime you call them. Its a bit poxy the way they run the whole thing.
    Thanks Fiii for the advice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

To be honest if it's only the size of an old pound coin id get it covered up

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I think the point is that she doesn't want anything there at all though Will.

Marylou, that does sound like a sucky situation alright :(
    Is there anywhere else in Ireland that does it?
    Maybe consider flying to England every few weeks. Ryanair flights are like 40euro return if you book in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Getting it excised wouldn't be too much of a big deal if its that small. Would leave a scar but they can be made heal well

• Advertisement

Yeah I guessed thats what people would say..thing is I think small tattoos are crap. I like big tatts! :Di dont really like the look of tattoos on girls upper arms unless they are BIG!!any good ones I have seen have been fairly biggish. Small ones are kinda knackery looking!(I think anyway)but I dont want a big tatt on my upper arm.I already have a massive one from my wrist down my inside arm and I have trouble wearing short sleeve stuff in work as it is!!

Fiii wrote: »
    I think the point is that she doesn't want anything there at all though Will.

Marylou, that does sound like a sucky situation alright :(
    Is there anywhere else in Ireland that does it?
    Maybe consider flying to England every few weeks. Ryanair flights are like 40euro return if you book in advance!

I think this place is temple bar is actually the only place that does it over here. I might have to cosider flyin back and forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kazzzz

hi marylou, i've had tattoo erase treatments done at metalmorphosis apparently they used it in a non standard way, they've now closed down!!

I've been dealing with Karen at Papillion in Milton Keynes who has been really helpful. thank god for ryanair flights for 30euro, i'm flying over in may for my next treatment with her, they dont use tattoo needles as far as i can make out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

Seeing as you have quite a few tattoo's I would have gone for a cover up tattoo.. seeing as its black though and the size of a old pound coin it'd have to be a black/gray tattoo..

You could go back and pay out to get it removed or you could go and visit your artist and tell him about your situation.

He will probably know more about it than most and guide you in the right direction.

My vote would have bee a cover up :D

Good luck!

Advertisement