Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Quay

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

After years away from the fishing I took the plunge a few weeks ago and bought me a boat and fishing gear. Memories of fat cod from off the Saltee Islands filled my mind on the road to Kilmore Quay last Sunday.
    Jeez, reality soon took over. Did not see one cod all day long. A few scrappy mackerel and pollack were all that turned up. Ten years ago I would have had to start chucking back after a few hours. In 2001 I cursed the billions of mackerel that followed my boat and savaged baits meant for bigger quarry.
    Did I just have a bad day? Or is this as good as it gets?
    PS anglers on 2 other small boats seemed to share my experience

Comments

no clue about angling but I do know that the chipper on the corner is the yummiest in the whole world but I have never seen the catch of the day being Cod, always haddock... best battered fish you're ever likely to eat!

Just thought i'd throw that in there!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bog Man

That chipper was the closest I got to a decent fish all day!
    I think you get better chips in Dublin though.

yeh you do get better chips - but i've never had better fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Bad winds around the Kilmore area for the last week fishing for mackeral has even been bad for the last week was out at the start of the so called summer and caught every fish imaginable

Advertisement