Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Apllied for test in mid July - Still no date

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I applied online in mid-July for the test, but have still got no date. I got the letter out confirming that they got my application, but they have still not sent out any further information. Is this normal or should I try contact them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes, you should probably try and make contact with them at this stage. What test centre was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

It was for Tallaght. Whats my best way in trying to contact them? Email, phone etc? I've read on here that they are nightmare to get in touch with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I think you should be fine to be honest.

I applied for my test in Tallaght in February and it was the end of JUNE before I heard back!!!!!!! I was actually away when my test was scheduled, which was end of July. You get about 4 weeks notice. So I have my test on Monday. Wish me luck!!

You may call, but I dont think there is any need to.

Jesus, thats pretty long! Best of luck anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

I applied around the same time as yourself, mid July. I just got my letter yesterday.

I didn't get a date. Just a letter from SGS saying the have my details and to contact them to arrange a test date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gica

wow, I applied at the 3rd of July to Clonshaugh, had my test at the end of August, I failed :( and I'll have my second test on Monday (I will pass, I'm sure :))

Hard to understand why does it take so long in Tallaght :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

PG4000 wrote: »
    Jesus, thats pretty long! Best of luck anyway!

I passed!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I applied for mine in June and got a date for 03rd October but so far they've pushed it back twice, I'm now looking at 18th November..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I applied for my test on July 1st and got my SGS letter there about 3 weeks ago. Got a date in Bray on November 13th.

Funny how this thread comes back alive today because I finally got my letter in the post this morning saying i've to contact SGS to organise a date!

• Advertisement
Advertisement