Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game or gamestop

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

which is the best shop for games and the cheapist

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

xbox36016 wrote: »
    which is the bitter shop for games

As far as I know neither of them is made out of lemons so you're screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

xbox36016 wrote: »
    which is the best shop for games and the cheapist

it depends, gamestop are usually cheaper for preowned games, that being said, game do sometimes have great deals on preowned games. the same is generally said for new games, each shop can sometimes better the other in prices. overall, the best shop is a mix of both

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spot on - some games are cheaper in one than the other, and vice versa.
    I always check both (especially when buying pre-owned).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

gamestop for me becase the evary time i go in thare i naver pay the full for the games allways get 5 euro off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I tried to trade in 2 games in Gamestop last weekend (Xbox 360, perfect condition) and was offered the massive sum of €7 for them. Thankfully Xtra Vision was in close proximity and gave me a much much better deal, so I will never be trading games with Gamestop again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

gamestop got 11 euro for g of london on the psp paid only 7 euro in extravison

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I find the staff in game more helpful,price id say there pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I refuse to shop in gamestop simply because of their shody business practices where they rip off their customers and employees. For more see here http://uk.youtube.com/user/WhistleBlowerZero
    I find most game staff to be helpful and pretty knowledgeable and their prices are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Smyths Toys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the staff in gamestop can be smartasses too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

the staff in gamestop can be smartasses too.

game in Dawson St has the nicest staff hands down, up in blanch they are okay. Game stop, well I believe they are more expensive and customer service has never hit me in a way where I say wow aren't they really decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

why stick to only one? compare prices sure

sometimes you get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

+1 for Game

Gamestop are ****e. Reasons stated above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Smyths, Xtravision, HMV and Game for me... I tend to avoid Gamestop as much as possible due to their pricing of preowned games vs the amount of cash they offer for them.
    ALWAYS shop around!

I point blank refuse to buy a preowned game from anywhere actually... It's just pure profit for the shop and both the buyer and seller get shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

GAME on Dawson street sells Atari Jaguar games.
    Case closed.

The manager is sound too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TomCo wrote: »
    GAME on Dawson street sells Atari Jaguar games.
    Case closed.

The manager is sound too.

Have to agree with that i tend to always go to game on dawson street even though its probably alot easier to hit dunrum. The employees are pretty sound, know what they are on about and are usually up for a chat.

Advertisement