Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ronin on TV4 tonight

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭

Just to let you know if interested that the movie Ronin, is on TG4 tonight at 21:05.

One of my all time favorite movies because of the spectacular car chases.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Good man.. I'll be watching that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Despite having the DVD, I'll still be watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've never seen it :eek: One of those "always meant to watch that" films.
    Must remember to put it on later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Citroen XM vs. Audi S8
    Peugeot 406 vs. BMW 535i

Slightly mismatched!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

kbannon wrote: »
    Despite having the DVD, I'll still be watching it.

Same, absolutely love Ronin, 2 of my favourite actors in De Niro and Jean Reno.. They should show Leon next week, would be impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

got the dvd, but will watch it again. some great driving in it.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I've never seen it :eek: One of those "always meant to watch that" films.
    Must remember to put it on later
    You're lucky so, because now you get to enjoy it for the first time.
    Also you'll get to hear Natascha McElhone's outrageous northern Irish accent for the first time! :)

Max_Damage, I think that a large part of why the chase scenes are so good and so real is actually because they used very average ordinary cars, the kind which typified the sorts of cars you would see in contemporary traffic at the time. If there was a mismatch in power, I think it didn't matter as long as the drivers were willing to be suicidally reckless and that is what they appeared to be. That was another aspect which made the car scenes seem more believable and allowed the audience to associate more with the reality of it than if they had've used Ferraris and Lamborghinis like in Bad Boys II or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Just look at the gear down change at 52 seconds in this clip!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaNBrYLvFg

SERIOUS driving ...def best car chase ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

ytareh wrote: »

fantastic scene

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Excellent movie, the sound of that S8 is so sweet. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ytareh wrote: »

BRB - I have to nip out for a minute ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I just started driving at the time this came out and had my parents 406, same colour and everything. Really made the film for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That was excellent. again. BUT, being rather anal it bugged me that the engine noises appeared dubbed over and never sounded like the actual engines, and the door slam on the 5 series was certainly dubbed over, nothing like an E34 door. I know, a bit sad! A great movie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That was excellent. again. BUT, being rather anal it bugged me that the engine noises appeared dubbed over and never sounded like the actual engines, and the door slam on the 5 series was certainly dubbed over, nothing like an E34 door. I know, a bit sad! A great movie though.

There's another scene where DeNiro's door mirror on the 406 is shot off... seconds later it's back, reattached, good as new :pac:
    I have the DVD and it has the "making of" on it, the chase scenes were filmed using RHD cars, the stunt drivers driving the car, while DeNiro sat next to him with a dummy steering wheel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JoeA3 wrote: »
    There's another scene where DeNiro's door mirror on the 406 is shot off... seconds later it's back, reattached, good as new :pac:
    I have the DVD and it has the "making of" on it, the chase scenes were filmed using RHD cars, the stunt drivers driving the car, while DeNiro sat next to him with a dummy steering wheel :pac:

A bit like this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUy72QuqzbY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

The brown Merc is a 6.9 litre.

Advertisement