Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good offer?

Options
  • 23-09-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I am doing an online course plus have some research to do etc.
    I need to get internet ASAP and spotted this offer:
    O2 Broadband €13 per month for a 10GB limit (plus modem is only €20 once off payment).
    Is this a good offer? Are there any better at the moment? Have no phone line (renting) so looking for wi-fi options. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

they had this offer in AIT during freshers week. It honestly depends, didn't get to read about the package in full, but the way they generally work, can be pretty good, but if you're in a saturated area of O2 (mobile broadband) users your connection goes to ****e and your connection speed and quality can vary depending on the time of the day. On top of that I wonder if there's any other sort of sneaky caps on the product, as it is cheaper than their mainstream offering.

What kind of online course? Is it video, live classrooms, just slide / animation streaming? You really can't beat dsl or a fixed wireless product at the moment for contention (number of users you share the connection with). But price wise that O2 offering is pretty dam good. How long is the contract?

Advertisement